Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

how to accept credit card payments on my website?My site talk about hair styles, once the visiter dicided to change their hair styles on my site, they need pay online(US & canada only).

i've tried PayPal.com
    it is good except the user have to sign to be a PayPal's memeber first...i think it is too much work to visiter... and i did a lot search, like checkmatic, regnow...but didn't find the eastest one to use. Is there any other good sys for online payment?

btw, hope i explain my meaning clear enough, i apologize for my poor english.
    IP

I also did a lot of research - it seems like it should be easy - but it's not.

The best way I found (finally)for my clients is the goemerchant Buy button. You just drop them on your Web page next to your product.
    For $49.95 a month you get a merchant account,secure gateway,shopping cart,etc.
    I was so impressed that I signed up to be a reseller.You can get more info here:
    http://yaelgilmor.evsholdingco.com

Also a similar service I found is the Beseen buy button - you use an escrow account.
    http://buyit.beseen.com/buyitfaq.html
    Also I use Kagi, but it's not so easy to set up.
    http://www.kagi.com

Hope this helps.
    I'd also like to hear if anyone has found other solutions.

[This message was edited by Robin Gilmor on March 02, 2001 at 12:57 AM.]
    IP

This is a very complex subject because of all the variables involved. Ultimately, your decision will probably be based on a combination of cost vs return on investment, customization and client usage.

If you already take credit cards, then it's a relatively simple matter to get a cert (ie. Thawte, SSL hosting (most have this with Shopping Cart included) and encrypted email (ie. PGP). Someone buys from your store, the order is emailed to you and you process the orders manually.

If you want the payment automatically taken from the credit card then you'll have to get a merchant account. To do this by yourself, with no third party involvement, is fairly pricey, requires a certain degree of knowledge but is ultimately the most customizable. If you are looking to sell a few coffee mugs or T-shirts, this is probably way over the top.

Which leads to the sort of solution Robin was talking about. There are many of these "out of the box" solutions. Yahoo! has one, as does Amazon. Both of these charge a percentage per item sold and offer a degree of customization.

As you've found PayPal (Ecash is another) requires someone to already have a membership but is simple to set up and use. You might want to read this first however. http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...605840,00.html

Hope that sheds some light on some of your options. Good Luck!

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP

I appreciate your help very much!!
    Thank you, Robin.
    Thank you, Jen.

================================

after test, now i use verotel
    (no setup fee, no months fee,
    transactions fee: $3.75-$9.99 19%
    $10.00-$19.99 15%
    $20-$75 12%)

By the way, i think Paytrust.com is pretty good.

Plan 1
    $4.95/month
    $0.50 per transaction

Plan 2
    $12.95/month
    30 FREE transactions
    $0.50 for each additional transaction

[This message was edited by QQlan on March 05, 2001 at 09:37 PM.]
    IP