Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XaraX CD

I've ordered XaraX last year and still hasn't
    received the CD.
    Has anyone?
    A mail to Xara Ltd. has not been answered.
    As the unlock code for the downloaded version only lasts 8 weeks, time is running out.

Manuel

I've ordered XaraX last year and still hasn't
    received the CD.
    Has anyone?
    A mail to Xara Ltd. has not been answered.
    As the unlock code for the downloaded version only lasts 8 weeks, time is running out.

Manuel

Hello Manuel,

The 8 week limit is no problem. The way I understand it - you just download it again with
    a new code (if it would ever come to that...)

I e-mailed Xara last week - to try to get some
    indication where they are at... I guess I will be
    ignored also.

If their technical support/marketing people work anything like their customer/sales relations - Xara will never get anywhere significant.

It bugs the hell out of me, when a company is so quick billing you and so sloooow in giving their customer information where the product is at.

I expected the Xara X CD to take a number of weeks - but I did not expect to get the "shut-up and sit down" treatment from Xara.

--- They have a damn web site - why don't they use it? - keep us informed!

Perhaps all the guys over at Xara have split - and
    are now sitting on the Cayman Islands - laughing their asses off? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

The folks at Xara posted a message (I believe it was via email and there may have been a posting here as well) that they were taking the holidays (Xmas through New Years) off. Last week was the their first week back at the "office".

They also said the new version would be out before Christmas. I love Xara, but it seems that they can't keep a deadline/promise. Also, over the past couple of weeks they (Xara) have been a no show here in the Forums. An update would be nice on where the new version and CD stand.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

John,

I was not interested in knowing when Xara employees take their vacation.

I wanted to know - the status of the CD.

/Risto

Risto and others

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was not interested in knowing when Xara employees take their vacation.

I wanted to know - the status of the CD.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last I heard, Xara was ironing out a few last minute wrinkles before releasing the CD and that they expected to release it soon.

If all you are interested in is speedy delivery, and don't care if the application works or not, I suggest you try the product from Canada [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Be patient. When the CD is ready for prime time, you'll have it. I know this is frustrating, but it would be more frustrating if you get the CD and it has problems, eh?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Kate Moir wrote me a few days ago, around Wedn., that they "hope to release the new version in a few days" - the version which also would be put on the CDs. So I'm fairly sure we'll get the new download version this coming week and that the CDs will be burnt VERY shortly.

But I agree: Mark Goodall & Co. have been totally absent here lately, and that's a bit frustrating.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Although it would be nice to think that the world revolves around only us, I don't begrudge the folks at Xara their Christmas holidays.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

<<Although it would be nice to think that the world revolves around only us, I don't begrudge the folks at Xara their Christmas holidays.>>

I do agree with you Gary that the world does not revolve around XARA users, but on the other hand, XARA 'should' revolve around its customers and at the very least keep the customers who have, after all, paid out their hard earned cash for a product they paid for, in effect, sight unseen. XARA isn't cheap really when you consider there is no hard copy from XARA, or even packaging, so the service they offer must reflect this. I personally dont begrudge anyone a holiday, especially at Christmas, but someone could keep us informed as to the progress of the final release. This is a commercial operation, however we might like XARA, and the service should reflect this.

I for one have no intention of spending an hour or so downloading another version from the site if this copy and its unlock code expires; I will revert to Draw and wait for the final copy on CD.

Regards
    Stewart