Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Perspex iMac

It's sods law but recently my workloads trebled and at the same time Gary kindly invited me to produce the guest tutorial. Consequentley I've hardly had time to visit the forums lately. I usually attempt to get here twice a day but I've only managed once every third day or so in the past couple of weeks. Anyway I missed a lot, especially the excellent threads on the new apple mac effects.

That got me thinking, how would you achieve the perspex effect of the iMac?

Here's my effort. (I wouldn't like to start another huge apple related thread...) but let me know if you think it works.

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i_mac3.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	3609  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It's sods law but recently my workloads trebled and at the same time Gary kindly invited me to produce the guest tutorial. Consequentley I've hardly had time to visit the forums lately. I usually attempt to get here twice a day but I've only managed once every third day or so in the past couple of weeks. Anyway I missed a lot, especially the excellent threads on the new apple mac effects.

That got me thinking, how would you achieve the perspex effect of the iMac?

Here's my effort. (I wouldn't like to start another huge apple related thread...) but let me know if you think it works.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Egg - The design of the iMac is rather egg-like - Yes?
    Yours is very attractive. Upon seeing it, I went to apple.com to compare with the original. One thing the photographic version had that is missing from yours is a reflection on the monitor. It might help the realism of yours if you added one.

Your custom designed version of the case is an interesting variation on apple's "Flower Power". Your more quiet version would probably sell better than their bold flowers model. I noticed they only sell the cool and desirable "graphite" model in their most expensive configuration. That's marketing for you!

You've successfully captured the perspex effect you were after. It does look like your patterned design is painted on the inside surface of the plastic case.

Thanks, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>