Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probe

Hello JVG

Very cool drawing. And no Ross it is not a photo because the wood background is too small :-)

With Xara X's feathering tool, you could have some very realistic smoke coming from the cigarette (or the disc for that matter)

A few months ago we had some very cool smoke images created with hidden images and not so hidden images.

The topic is around here somewhere.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> it is not a photo because the wood background is too small :-) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary - are you associating the rustic wood with barn boards? If you think of them as the slats lobster traps are made of they aren't too far out of scale. If you saw some of the stunted trees that grow on the coast around here you'd see tight-grained wood which, when sawn would look very much as JVG has scaled it. The kind of tree I'm talking about might take 50 years to grow six feet because the conditions are so harsh. They are sort of like natural bonsai trees. (Bad tourists have been known to steal them from our National Parks).

Joroho - That is very funny! To help you face your little problem, I've made a sign for you to print out and put on your bathroom mirror. That way you'll start each day faceing your problem head on. Be strong - you can do it!

Again thanks to JVG, without whom the brush used would have been too much work for me. Thanks JVG.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 17, 2001 at 03:17 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floppybrush.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	6003