Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xara X has won an Honorable Mention Web Tools Award during the Web2001 Conference!! Yes, I know, you are probably saying things like "big deal. Honorable mention, la dee da."

Yeah, well, for the less-impressed among you, the Web Tools awards are one of the industry's big events. It's all polite clapping, finger sandwhiches, and faux crystal trophies (read glass).

And if that doesn't impress you, then how about this: We beat CorelDraw 10. We beat Macromedia Freehand 10. We beat Deneba Canvas 8 Pro. OK, we lost to Adobe Photoshop 6, but we beat all of the pure vector graphics packages nominated! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

And we won because of you. A little over a month ago, I placed a link in TalkGraphics to a poll on WebTechniques. Your votes, as well as the editor's general appreciation of Xx helped clinch it for us.

So for all of you who voted, for all of you that cared, and to all of you who use Xara X,

thank you

Thomas
    Xara Ltd

Xara X has won an Honorable Mention Web Tools Award during the Web2001 Conference!! Yes, I know, you are probably saying things like "big deal. Honorable mention, la dee da."

Yeah, well, for the less-impressed among you, the Web Tools awards are one of the industry's big events. It's all polite clapping, finger sandwhiches, and faux crystal trophies (read glass).

And if that doesn't impress you, then how about this: We beat CorelDraw 10. We beat Macromedia Freehand 10. We beat Deneba Canvas 8 Pro. OK, we lost to Adobe Photoshop 6, but we beat all of the pure vector graphics packages nominated! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

And we won because of you. A little over a month ago, I placed a link in TalkGraphics to a poll on WebTechniques. Your votes, as well as the editor's general appreciation of Xx helped clinch it for us.

So for all of you who voted, for all of you that cared, and to all of you who use Xara X,

thank you

Thomas
    Xara Ltd

Hard to get excited when you know it's a cool product - only joking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Nice to be recognised. Now the spot ligt is on, the next release has to have tons of new features [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Turan

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

Congratulations! Just don't get a big head and go the way of the "other" companies please!

Try and remain the same old Xara having folks who care working for you.

Dennis

<a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

I am amazed at the number of people who still use Photoshop to create web graphics. On the other hand, if everyone used Xara, the competition for web graphics would be greater :-)

Way to go, Xara!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

Congratulations, Thomas & Xara!

But as for you Gary: "I am amazed at the number of people who still use Photoshop to create web graphics."

I am a long-time Xara fan who actually has moved almost all my web graphics production work FROM XaraX TO Photoshop 6 - because I have been repeatedly frustrated with XX's implementation of much web stuff, whereas PS/ImageReady actually has some superior web features, like image slicing and buttons and whatnots.

I'll be happy to move back to doing this in XX2, however - IF Xara can get its web act together.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

REAL DRAW PRO is the best!

Just check the review:

http://www.designer-info.com/

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Please do not reply to Peter P.

He is intitled to his opinions - but it appears his intentions have nothing to do with contributing to discusions about Xara X which is the purpose of this forum. Peter P. - please just go to a RealDraw forum if you aren't interested in Xara.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Have a nice rest of weekend people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]