Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP- Android

Looking great, Dan! I agree about the hand, it's going to need a wicked handshake by the size of the rest of it! This is a fun one to watch develop.
    Nice work!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Update -
    I duplicated and "mirrored" (?) the right arm after moving it in a pose.
    Added "piston actuators" under the arm and at the forearm.
    Started the tubing. long work ahead...

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOT01EA3pic.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	10070  
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Very convincing! Hope you don't run out of steam for such a detailed project. I would love to see how this is going the turn out. It looks like this is going to be a big one!
    I agree with what others said about the hand. It kinda looks puny compared to the spine. And you'd probably consider more robust actuators to move them around.
    It's easy to be a critic if you can't do it any better . I know, I know...

Looking really good Dan!!

Yea, I too agree about the hands. Making the wrist dimentions smaller was a great idea (if I do say so myself ) but the hands themselves looks a little Mini Me-ish!

I would also maybe think about tappering out the tips of the finger joints and thunb too, looks a little to squared to me. Just another suggestion. Perhaps you have plans further on for the hands and how they are modeled??

Really like the way it's coming along. I love that mirrored thing that you can do in these 3D programs, saves oodles of time I would guess with building another whole side!

By the way, an OT question. What is an average render time for most medium sized projects?? Like 10 minutes or 1 or 2 hours. I was thinking about that today. I'm not real patient sometimes but as long as I know a round about time frame then I will walk away and let it do it's thing. Running WinXP Pro with a Pen IV/2.0 Ghz.

Thanks!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks guys for the critics.
    Don't worry, I do not take it personnally
    In fact, I appreciate it and will take it under consideration.

Render time...
    That is a good question. I run a P4- 2.4 Ghz with 512G of RAM and that particular image, rendered at a resolution of 1400 X1500,
    OSA 16 enabled, 100% (Blender spec) took about 20-30 seconds.
    Once finished, I estimate the render time to be around 30 to 60 minutes or even more...
    it all depends on the size of the image and the "options" selected (reflection, etc.)

On of my friend (who by the way introduce Blender to me about a year ago) has this guitar that take 4 hours to render.
    His computer is a little slower but the render is amazing.
    It's a topic at Blender.org (test buid section) to improve render time. Some coders are working on a optimized versions to cut down on render time. After testing, we
    might see the code integrate official releases. Will see.. Blender keeps improving day after day !

Dan
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

This is really coming along Dan... Looking cool

Thanks for the info Dan, that's really helpful to me (and my nerves or patience, which ever)!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks for showing the update Dan. Looking very good.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update