Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

It's one of my first painting.
    There's a long way to end at a beautifull image.
    Could you help me for the rest ?
    I'am waiting for your suggestion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ps:Excuse my poor english, i'm a frenchman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flammes.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	14179  
    IP

It's one of my first painting.
    There's a long way to end at a beautifull image.
    Could you help me for the rest ?
    I'am waiting for your suggestion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ps:Excuse my poor english, i'm a frenchman.
    IP

Welcome to the forum, STreo!

looks like a good start.

just off the top of my head, there's a lot you could do.

1. first keep that file you just made separate.
    2. then make a duplicate copy of the fire file and start playing with layers. and objects.
    3. objects to brainstorm for putting on other layers include
      <ul>
    4. a torch --- a la statue of liberty which was a gift from France anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    5. the logs that you might build a campfire with
    6. flames from the engine of a space rocket or the BatMobile [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ok I'll quit before I get too silly

[/list]

but here take a look at this tutorial I did a while back. In my silliness, I think I covered a bit about the creation of objects and moving them around your canvas. It might prove remotely useful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

one zany tutorial from painter forum's past that covers a little bit of making objects and placing them on your canvas.

and since the above is a link to part 2 of a 2 part tutorial here is link to part one

hehe Agent 23 has been mulling over the myriad of ideas bouncing around in her head. I think she'll be posting something soon (just don't expect a turnaround like Stu gave us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

your funloving moderator,

Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

PS: our forum is very lucky to have people from all over the world sharing their experiences with Painter. we have visitors from as far away as Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Texas, Canada [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] . Please feel welcome. Make yourself at home.

re: english
    well even the native english speakers can't get it right some times. go easy on yourself. have fun and stay with us.
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Thank you very much for the response, the ideas, the humour and the links...
    I go immediatly play whith the layers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I'm hesitating betwen the campfire, but the torch was not so bad too...
    You must have have the surprise in few :
    1 days
    2 weeks
    3 months

A+
    IP