Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi. I am just starting out and I would like to buy a cheap graphics tablet. I am not a professional or anything, but just a hobbiest! Does anyone have any recommendations?
    IP

Hi. I am just starting out and I would like to buy a cheap graphics tablet. I am not a professional or anything, but just a hobbiest! Does anyone have any recommendations?
    IP

Ahem!
    I think I'd be pretty safe here recommending that you check the price of the Wacom Graphire, if that is within your budget keep moving up the Wacom intuos range until you hit a price that hurts. Then try to afford that one anyway. Unless it's bigger than your monitor.

T
    IP

Hello,

lucky for us tablet technology doesn't change as rapidly as computer chips do.

anyway, just a link to some more insights on tablet selection.

Although, I have to say, I like Thelonious' criterion,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>if that is within your budget keep moving up the Wacom intuos range until you hit a price that hurts. Then try to afford that one anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] good way of putting it Thelonious

you won't be sorry if you get a Wacom --- whatever size you choose. I've seen many people very happy with their purchase of Wacom tablets.

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Hero,
    That makes three of us. I have been using an Intuos for several years. I would not think of changing it except for a newer one.

Greg
    IP