Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I am writing a book about integrating experience, and I have been toying with the idea of creating a symbol or simple graphic to represent the concept of "integration."

The concept is: to bring parts together in a whole; unify. Imagine bringing together in your mind all the parts of a past experience until you understand the experience completely. That is the concept of "integration" I am discussing in my book.

I don't really want to use the word "integration" in the graphic, but I also don't want to limit your imagination.

1 - Represent the concept of "integration" in a simple graphic that is both aesthetic and compelling.

2 - As a second category, incorporate the text "integration" in a simple graphic that captures the essence of the definition.

I wouldn't be able to offer much, but if I see a design that I like very much, I would like to use that image on the cover of my book. I could pay the artist modestly. (Modestly means not very much!)

I envision the book cover having a mid tone color background, not white or black.

Here is the working title on a mock cover, with an idea off the top of my head.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	book_cover_1.gif 
Views:	816 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	18463  

I am writing a book about integrating experience, and I have been toying with the idea of creating a symbol or simple graphic to represent the concept of "integration."

The concept is: to bring parts together in a whole; unify. Imagine bringing together in your mind all the parts of a past experience until you understand the experience completely. That is the concept of "integration" I am discussing in my book.

I don't really want to use the word "integration" in the graphic, but I also don't want to limit your imagination.

1 - Represent the concept of "integration" in a simple graphic that is both aesthetic and compelling.

2 - As a second category, incorporate the text "integration" in a simple graphic that captures the essence of the definition.

I wouldn't be able to offer much, but if I see a design that I like very much, I would like to use that image on the cover of my book. I could pay the artist modestly. (Modestly means not very much!)

I envision the book cover having a mid tone color background, not white or black.

Here is the working title on a mock cover, with an idea off the top of my head.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Hi Dale...

ok, call me slow but... I really am having a hard time integrating this concept into my mind... haha...

just joshing with yas... sounds like fun... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I'm with Gigit, I haven't a clue what you are talking about and the graphic you presented with a orange rectangle certainly does not inspire anything.........Sorry not trying to be difficult here.

So here is my entry, maybe I'll do another if I understand this whole concept a bit better.

It's simple (which aint' easy for me to do!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

So, don't be cruel! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Name:	For_Dale.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	3366  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My interpretation of integration.

Arnold

Name:	integrate2.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	18332  

Dale - Here is a concept combining what I think is both of your specs. I will send you the xara file if you are interested in it.

Good Luck!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen

Name:	INTEGRATION1.jpg 
Views:	695 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	3405  
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

My example was truly uninspired, I will admit.

The orange triangle is just there as part of a mock book cover, but not as part of the integration graphic. My lame attempt is in the top left corner. Those incredible circles! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Lame! That is why I am asking you wonderful artists for your ideas.

I really like the submissions so far! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Arnold and Randy are definitely on the track of representing what I am looking for. Richard, yours has potential, but isn't quite there.

I like what has been done so far, but I would also like to see some ideas for a simple graphic that could be placed anywhere on any style of book cover.

Randy, I would like your .xar file to play around with. Very nice design!

- Lewis Carroll

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on September 17, 2002 at 11:16.]

Here is the Xara file. If you use my design, I would simply like an autographed copy of your book! Best of luck...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy Allen
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

Best of luck with your book.If it is as good as your graphics you will have a winner.

Mike

Name:	DLchallenge.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	5466