Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Okay this is a little difficult to describe so bear with me.
    Does anyone know of any sample code or example sites where one graphic can be dragged onto another graphic to create or simulate one total graphic. Kind of like dragging the pieces of a puzzle around and having them fit into one graphic. Any site or code where graphics can be dragged in a flash would be helpful, but specifically where graphics can be dragged and then they slip into assigned or specified locations. Thanks a lot and sorry if the wording was complicated.

Okay this is a little difficult to describe so bear with me.
    Does anyone know of any sample code or example sites where one graphic can be dragged onto another graphic to create or simulate one total graphic. Kind of like dragging the pieces of a puzzle around and having them fit into one graphic. Any site or code where graphics can be dragged in a flash would be helpful, but specifically where graphics can be dragged and then they slip into assigned or specified locations. Thanks a lot and sorry if the wording was complicated.

I'm just learning about Flash MX and what you want to do can be achieved with this - and probably the previous release too.

The CD includes for example, a jigsaw - you can drag and drop pieces.

If I have got it right, with Flash you can set events on drag and release, so that on the latter it interacts with another object such as a graphic and changes its properties eg its colour.

The Teach Yourself book would help you see its power - look at the interactivity chapters and those covering scripting.

I think that JavaScript would be a minefield solution unless you have an intranet with known browsers.

Hope that helps.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

You can set it up so that the pieces will "snap" into place when you drage them close enough to the right place.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll