Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Featured Artist

I just saw featured artist for this month. Way to go! Impressive work.

I just saw featured artist for this month. Way to go! Impressive work.

I also seize the opportunity of this post to give my workaround about a little problem with my brushes distributed in the Xone. It seems the "brushes 2" may crash the program when scrolling into their little thumbnails in the status bar. Perhaps the problem is solved in a release which will be soon distributed. I think actually (on some systems ?) there are some possibilities of crashes when using a lot of complex brushes inside one single document.

Thus, try in placing the different brushes by 2 or 3 in separate files and save them. Then close Xara X, open it again and open the file where are the brushes you need.

But I believe in brushes and their evolution and perhaps today I will post some ideas about them.

Thank you again, and also to Gary who did so nice layout. I was amazed when I saw my images in these new circumstances!

Regards,

ivan

ivan louette wrote:
    > It seems the "brushes 2" may crash the program
    > when scrolling into their little thumbnails in
    > the status bar. Perhaps the problem is solved
    > in a release which will be soon distributed.

I had the same thing happen last night when I was dragging some objects off the working area and onto the gray desktop area. I had several pages active, a couple with bitmaps I was using as Fills as well as my "scratch page" where I do the bulk of my work before moving to a "Finish Page" to complete the graphic. It was while I was on the "Scratch Page" moving a few objects to the side that I accidentally moved them off the Xara screen and as it turned out sent them to oblivion! The screen them gave a quick arror notice then disappeared... couldn't see the error as it went too fast!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Reji
    The Wheel "Evil Kineval" Brat [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

What a nice set of brushes!I downloaded last night after midnight and was having so much fun.
    Thanks Ivan. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]