Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Corel Texture

Has Corel Texure been updated or is it still basically the same app that shipped back in V6 or V7?
    IP

Has Corel Texure been updated or is it still basically the same app that shipped back in V6 or V7?
    IP

Dwight

I don't think the core functionality has changed much, I've checked V7 against V9.

About the only major difference is that in V9 if you select new from preset you now get a preview. In V7 you could only navigate to a texture file but not look at it until it was loaded.

In terms of look and feel once running they are remarkably similar, In V9 the interface still uses the old raised button toolbar look rather than the more modern flat button look.

So I guess not much major work has been done on the package other than a recompile with the latest libraries.

I don't use this app often, so I might have missed the odd subtlety.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Hi, I want to throw in my 2 cents and say that I like corelTexture quite a bit. It has enormous potential if they make the interface and controls a little more intuitive and flexible. According to the help files and so on, it seems pretty straight forward, but when you adjust anything with the sliders, you get unpredictable results at the very least. It needs better tweaking control. My suggestion to Corel, now that they have bought Metacreations, is to somehow integrate Texture's code with KPT's. I have all the KPT filters and know how to use them with above average skills. My reasoning for this is that corelTexture, renders very realistic and palpable textures as opposed to KPT's Texture Explorer which, cool as they are, are more etheral. I'd like them to do away with the color pallete controls (which bite imo)and introduce a gadient bar a la Gradient designer.
    Wishful thinking.

ivca
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texture.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	4132  
    IP