Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am trying to get something printed in two-color and when I deliver the product to the printer he says that the color has gone to process! I don't think that I am putting it into process, but I don't really know. I am only using one PMS color and I am using CD 8. Can anyone help me?
    IP

I am trying to get something printed in two-color and when I deliver the product to the printer he says that the color has gone to process! I don't think that I am putting it into process, but I don't really know. I am only using one PMS color and I am using CD 8. Can anyone help me?
    IP

Mitch,
    Browse through this, maybe it will help.
    http://www.donvalleygraphics.com/tut...title-page.htm
    Don Hamilton
    IP

The only things I can think of are these:
    In the print dialog box there is an option somewhere to convert spot colours to process if you deliberately wanted to do this, it may be that this is selected.
    Or,
    Are you using any lens effects? Some (all?) of these will render the result in RGB which will be converted to CMYK at output.
    Joe
    http://www.therealperth.com
    An independent guide to Perth, Scotland
    IP

You problem may be due to:

1. Mixing Process with Spot in gradients. For example if you create a gradient from PMS 185 to White, then it will be converted to process. You should use PMS 185 100% tint to PMS 185 0% tint.

2. RGB or CMYK images in your docuement. You should use Grayscale images with Black as an ink, and not PMS Black. If you use PMS Black, then your image should be converted to monotone PMS Black.

3. In Print Preview separation tab the option to convert PMS to process is selected. Same option is selected while exporting to filters like EPS. If you are using DCS to export, then DCS2 filter should be used in order to retain PMS ink information.
    IP