Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Engine Room

I thought I'd put this up as the kind of thing I'm doing for the display at Battleship Cove. This is a placard that you see as you enter Engine Room No.1. To give you an idea what it is like. as you come down the ladder your head is about 8 feet below that water line. you are standing on steel plates about 15 feet above the bottom of the hull. some of the flooring (decking?) is open grating that you can see through. overhead pipes run in all directions. It is a very confusing space. The Idea was to give some sense of order to what you see, and to explain how the systems worked together.
    I tried to export this as a jpg, but it was over 3 megs even compressed with Luratech it was 500K plus. I tried DjVu but it also was 400K and I don't understand how to post those here. so I ended up with the Xar file
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

I thought I'd put this up as the kind of thing I'm doing for the display at Battleship Cove. This is a placard that you see as you enter Engine Room No.1. To give you an idea what it is like. as you come down the ladder your head is about 8 feet below that water line. you are standing on steel plates about 15 feet above the bottom of the hull. some of the flooring (decking?) is open grating that you can see through. overhead pipes run in all directions. It is a very confusing space. The Idea was to give some sense of order to what you see, and to explain how the systems worked together.
    I tried to export this as a jpg, but it was over 3 megs even compressed with Luratech it was 500K plus. I tried DjVu but it also was 400K and I don't understand how to post those here. so I ended up with the Xar file
    John

Well John, I downloaded your file and attempted to open it in Xara, but it came up w/ an "Access Violation" each time!? Could be because it's a XaraX file, and I have corelXARA? So, I dunno,guess you'll have to waite till others download it!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

You must be one of the most patiente man alive - what detail!

Steve - no problems with X.

Risto

I found one problem, it had a [1] at the end of the name so that through it off a little, so I took that off and am now able to see the preview (Which looks great, although, can't see it real clear) But still won't let me open it!? Oh well, maybe you could post a smaller sized jpeg of the same picture

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-