Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: full screen

Hello,

How do I make appear a page in full screen, I mean without browser bar. View in "full monitor".

IP

Hello,

How do I make appear a page in full screen, I mean without browser bar. View in "full monitor".

IP

Please read Stinger's response to Opening a new window... earlier on in this forum. He wrote an example of the JavaScript needed to accomplish this task. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Try using this JavaScript instead of the other. This will eliminate all aspects of the browser in IE but will leave the outline of the browser in Netscape.

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
    < !--
    function start()
    {
    remote = window.open("yourpage.html","","fullscreen,scrollb ars");
    if (remote.opener == null) remote.opener = window;
    remote.opener.name = "opener";
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

Put this on the page that preceeds the page that you want to be full screen.

Stinger
    IP

Ok, I did some exploration. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] This is, what is working for me:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>PROBA</title>
    </head>
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000"text="#808080">
    <SCRIPT language="JavaScript">< !--
    window.open('menu.html','1','fullscreen=yes,scroll bars=yes');
    //--></SCRIPT>
    </body>
    </html>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

thanks for your help

deff
    IP

Hello folks...

Just a bit o' "friendly" personal thoughts/views here on this kind of code... don't care for it much, at all.
    Definately not a user friendly thing to do to your supposedly "valued" visitors. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    As an experienced user, i find this effect fairly irritating, but know how to get out of it... imagine how a newbie user can/would feel...?

Why don't you's both try and find a more "user friendly" version of that code and see if you can ALSO include at least the 'standard buttons' (toolbar in IE) for them??? Or, is that not possible (or within your capablilties)? Both your codes absolutely force fullscreen - ala no options.

With IE at least when you invoke the FullScreen mode yourself (via the icon), the ToolBar is only "hidden" and can still be accessed (made visible) with your mouse at the top of the screen, should you want/need it. I don't know what/if NS has this feature though (nor do i care :P ).

Well... how about it... anyone up to that challenge? I tried, and failed... but i'm no Scripting wiz myself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Anywho... 'nough about that.
    Mark...
    IP

Ok

of course, I do agree with you, Mark. But I think it depends on what kind of page you are creating. For instance, if I decide to make any kind of art exhibition I find those buttons and bars very very irritating.
    I am not planing on using this "effect" on everything I do, but sure it is nice for eveyone to know how to make it happen, or even to know that it can be done. And I am glad I do.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

take care

Deff
    IP

I tend to agree more with Mark - but I do recognize that there are times when it's very effective. But yeah, you should ALWAYS have a way to kill that window (just a self.close() button, if nothing else), and you should also warn the user that you're going to be doing this to them. If I went to a site and saw this without any warning, I'd probably get kinda miffed, and even if it was mui bueno, I'd probably think of it as mui guano for that reason alone. But I have nothing against doing so with a decent warning, and I'm usually happy enough to take that option, if I AM presented with the option.

Just my $0.02 CDN. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Hi guys, thanks for adding to my post. Good to see we're open minded about this stuff. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I also agree with the fact that yes, sometimes it is an effective method of presentation... sometimes.

And i also agree that forewarning and/or an "escape!" button would be most beneficial.

So basically, just thought you'd like to know i agree with both of you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And that's my CAD $0.02 worth.

PS: oh ya... if ya like "tricks" Deff, i can show ya how to make a visitor's browser quiver right in front of their eyes? :EEK:

Take care,
    Mark...
    IP