Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm a new user of these programs, but I'm falling in love with them, hehehehe... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I know how to export .OBJ from POSER, and import them into BRYCE, but I don't find any way for importing a WHOLE ANIMATION... It would be a hard work to import a 125 frames animation frame by frame into Bryce... Don't you think so? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Someone told me about "Natural Pose" (http://www.ev.ca/konan/products.htm) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] but I don't find it useful, it's something like a macro. And it gives me errors... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Could you help me, please?

What I want to do is to render in Bryce an ANIMATED character from Poser... Does anybody know how to do it? Thanks a lot!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I'm a new user of these programs, but I'm falling in love with them, hehehehe... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I know how to export .OBJ from POSER, and import them into BRYCE, but I don't find any way for importing a WHOLE ANIMATION... It would be a hard work to import a 125 frames animation frame by frame into Bryce... Don't you think so? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Someone told me about "Natural Pose" (http://www.ev.ca/konan/products.htm) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] but I don't find it useful, it's something like a macro. And it gives me errors... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Could you help me, please?

What I want to do is to render in Bryce an ANIMATED character from Poser... Does anybody know how to do it? Thanks a lot!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

WebFox,
    I am no expert at Bryce. I have played with it a bit and it outputs some amazing images and animations. With that in mind...

I really don't think you can do what you are wanting to do with Bryce. The import function is meant to import objects that you have modelled in another app, not animations. I don't know of a 3D app that would let you do that, not even the big boys! You are dealing with "bones" in an app that won't recognize them, and isn't meant to animate them. Something like After Effects could possible composite the animation into a Bryce-rendered animation, but you're talking $thousands.

Sorry, I may be wrong, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    Anyone else?

Brett

hmmm...

I too have had some experience with Bryce. I'm not sure if this is possible with the newest version (v5 i believe), but i'm pretty certain Brett is correct that this is not going to be possible. I don't think Bryce will know what to do with the IK & Bones info from Poser.

The only way i've seen to get an animation/movie into any other 3D app, is to export your animation from Poser as a QuickTime Movie or Windows Avi file. You should then be able to "apply" this 'movie object' to a single square polygon tile, as a kind of texture. You'll have to scan the Help files for more specific info on this though. Because i've never actually gone through those steps myself with Bryce. But it is/should be possible.

Hope that helps.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

I have seen this done with Cinema, with the Poser Pro Pak. I think most of the bigger 3d apps (Lightwave, Max, Cinema etc..) have a plugin that Poser Pro Pak export animation data.

I seen a poser fiqure that was animated in Poser then brought into Cinema for Textures and Rendering.

I have not done this my self as I do not own Poser(except for V3 which I got on a mag. cover cd) or the Pro Pak.

--Randy

Thanks to everyone!

I think it shouldn't be so hard to do that.
    Please, check this gallery:

http://www.ev.ca/konan/natural_pose_gallery.htm

There are some nice animations rendered in Bryce from animated Poser characters. I specially love the one with two dueling knights...

I think this could be the tool to use, but when I try to use it, it asks for a .3DS file, and I don't think it should do it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Maybe some of you could check it out and tell me what I am doing wrong...

Another possibility is the following: Poser can export a whole animation as separated .OBJ files (one per frame). Maybe there is a tool to import those objecs into Bryce (one per frame, but all in one step) for recreating the animation. Using this way, we could bypass the problem of interpreting the IK & Bones info. Don't you think so?

Please, tell me what you think about it.
    Thanks for your comments...

Hello, Bryce and poser are a lot of fun to work with. As for animating, In Poser you create poses, in Bryce you create scenery and stuff. So if you want to combine the 2, create a series of poses in Poser, then export. Ok now you have all that, say you have created a walk for instance. Now you want to work in bryce, Bryce records object position, and all the attributes you asigned to those objects along a time line. Ok on your first Bryce frame you import all the poses you need to make your figure walk, lets say you have 5 poser figures created from your poser animation. In your first Bryce frame You set the first fig. visible, set the other figures invisible. Next frame, move the group of poser figures to a different position and set the second poser fig. visible and the rest invisible. so on and so forth until you finish. You have control of all the objects in the scene.
    Make yourself a movie.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on March 18, 2002 at 09:35.]

Well, WebFox, it seems there is a solution after all, and you found it! $74.95 is not that bad a price if it can do what it says it can. I had no idea such a thing was possible, given the difference in output from different apps.

Good luck, and I hope you're soon turning out magnificent animations! I personally find myself a bit turned off by Poser, simply because if I show my little girl an animation, she says "did you make that girl, Daddy?" and by necessity (and honesty) I have to say "no". But that's just me, I know it has a very useful and rightful place in 3D artwork.

Hope it works out for ya
    Brett

Hey Brett, You could tell your little girl that its like playing with computer dolls, then she could tell her friends my dad plays with dolls.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have found the way for using the "Natural Pose 2". If someone wants to try it, please keep in mind my mistake: It's totally NECESSARY to have your keyboard configured as english or as one of the others mentioned at their homepage. If you don't do it, it won't find the files on your hard disk... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] This is because it works like a "macro". It emulates the typing and the mouse clicks...

But I can tell you something... It's not perfect. Not only because you need the registered version for importing the textures [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] (I can understand that) but also because it gives you the option for rendering, not for saving. I mean It imports one frame and it renders it, and before giving you control for saving something, it deletes the object and import a new one for rendering. It doesn't keep more than one object in the program, so at the end of the process you'll get your rendered animation (without textures) but you can do no changes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I have found another program for doing this, check it if you think it could be useful... Go to

http://www.datamike.com/susu.htm

It seems to be a really cool program, and even cheaper than the other...

But after trying so many things... I'm almost sure the only way for doing what I want with no problems it's to do it frame by frame, tracking each object to a path in Bryce and rendering frame by frame. Hard work, but I think it'll work. Don't you?

Thank to everyone...!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'll check back for your comments.