Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: vac 07

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

ok girls & guys,

I just want to stirr you up a bit - it's been kind of quiet over the last weeks. Ok, ok, I know you are all busy as hell, with almost no time left to check our place often ;-}

Anyway, this is one of the cases (or is it casing?) I've developed for a new vacuum cleaner. One of those without bags 'n mess, just with a cyclone to separate the dust and dirt from the air - geez, again I don't know the exact words...

Modeled in Rhino, rendered in C4D XL. Around 900 k polygons in there.

Any comment or input is - as always - welcome and highly appreciated!

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vac07a.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	1266  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

ok girls & guys,

I just want to stirr you up a bit - it's been kind of quiet over the last weeks. Ok, ok, I know you are all busy as hell, with almost no time left to check our place often ;-}

Anyway, this is one of the cases (or is it casing?) I've developed for a new vacuum cleaner. One of those without bags 'n mess, just with a cyclone to separate the dust and dirt from the air - geez, again I don't know the exact words...

Modeled in Rhino, rendered in C4D XL. Around 900 k polygons in there.

Any comment or input is - as always - welcome and highly appreciated!

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Thats cool jens [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I would lift the specular of the plastic materials just a bit and make the spec a bit more sharp in the width setting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,I would also apply a picture of the tiles into the glass/plastic cover material in the enviroment channel [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,it might look quite good as an effect.

Just my two cents worth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nice work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

very nice there Jens...perhaps a wee bit more detail for the wheels, and a remote control [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Looks to me kinda of like a futuristic soap box derby racer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Nice job, I agree with Stu on the specular for the plastic top.

Yup, Randy mentions 'soap box racer' - racer is the word for it. It looks dynamic, fast, sleek, so the perception of the customers will be lead into the direction: wow, this one performs the tasks fast... (in industrial or product design always keep in mind what the consumer will think - or as I put it: think in the head of the customer!).

The speculars: I didn't work on them at all, not even on the transparency of the lid. I tried to add refraction, but that looked too ugly - too many reflections in it. So it is right off Rhino...

However, I see your point. But in product design it's not necessary to produce an awsome rendering in the stages somewhere in between. And because this wasn't the final stage, I didn't spend the time to spice it up ;-}

But let's wait and see how this one will continue - chances are high that I will produce a 'final' rendering soon...

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

Here we go with the wheel - a wheel with a real rubber tire. Sorry, no remote control for the vac 07, but bluetooth, so you can program it's path through your home right in the floorplan in your computer.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vac07wheel01.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	6607  
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

To go with the go - fast look how about a silver logo along the side [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you do decide to go with a bit more detail bud try a bump map on the tires,like those tires which just have lines as ridges you know no patterns,it will give the lighting something more bounce off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you want to see how the plastic would look just open your image in PSP and lift the contrast a bit .

I like the sub conscious connatation of a fast design equalling faster cleaning.I also like the plastic hood being like a fighter jet cockpit .

Looking good [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

Hey!

Put a seat and a steering wheel in the front section, and you have a nifty looking electric vehicle of some kind! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cool!

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"