Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof

I must say, one additional good thing about Real Draw is that it is being developed by someone who has created several patches within recent months to add new improvements to the program. Often listening to suggestions from users. For this Oscar should be commended as one who shows concern for his program and it's users ... this is sometimes a thing which large companies seem to ignore entirely.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/xarax/devil.gif

So you actually are a developer of the program? Whoa.. that rocks. Okay I'll be patient with that e-mail.

I've just checked mediachance gallery and found out that you're resident in Canada. Pity I thought we could drink beer or two (or kofola) together.

I'm sorry if reposting this brings any negative response, this was not intended to at all! Just wanted to show how this could be achieved in one program for someone who didn't have the other one.
    Oscar, you have a great program and some amazing looking outcomes, so I was not trying to say one was better. I'm still a little confused as to how your program works, so I would be wrong to compare the two.
    I would REALLY like to here Peter's input about this as he was the one who this was originally intended for! So Peter, I responded to your message just as you asked, so would you please respond to mine!

Thanks for the responses I got. Oscar, if you want the image removed, I'll take it away immediately, never here to cause trouble, just havic and misfortune [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    C-ya all later

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Here's the XAR. file for those of you who asked, Sorry for the delay, it was over at my Dad's house and I've been at my Moms for the past few days. Hope this helps!

Steve Newport
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Wow... that is masochism. There must be better way I'm quite sure.

But This is just the way I do shading most of the time, a lot easier for me, You can also do blends (Not too keen on that idea), Feathering works great: Less shapes, but takes time to tweak it just right. Whatever works best for you, I can't tell you how to do it, all I can tell you is how I do it! What you should do is just experiment. You know Xara's tools, see how you can use them wisely to create the above image, find your own way. It is a lot easier to learn from yourself than others. Hope everything works out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I "dissected" the vector group. 52 ojbects eh. Was that a result of a blend on some sort? Or is that a "trade" secret?

You have to sacrifice some things to achieve certain effects. Xara is a very fast renderer so I really don't mind the added objects, and I'm running on 300mghz and 64mb/RAM! However, I have found another way and narrowed it down to 7 objects with similar results. I had to use the "bitmap copy" tool to get the feathering the way I wanted it with minimal objects, or it would bleed over the edges. It loses some of it's Vector qualities but I hope this is a pleasing and satisfying result. Any problems, let me knowd I'll give it another go!! Enjo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera1.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	12734  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Here's the XAR file

Steve Newport
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-