Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof

Wow I'm glad I wasn't here at the time of this fun little quarrel, or I would have joined right in and, well, it's over now. So, all views aside, I have desided to give it a go and show just how versatile XaraX is! This near replicate of the original was done in under 5 minutes with only Elliptical transparencies (my usual way of going about things) and a few linear. I hope this is enough proof to get you to practice a little harder in X, as I can see it is needed, this was quite simple actually! So, give it a try, PRACTICE, and come up with your own ORIGINAL piece, and who knows, maybe you'll appreciate the value of X a little more and see what more X can give you than RealDraw.

I would like to see some of your RealDraw pieces however Peter, I've only seen what it can do through the hands of the maker of the program

Hope this helps

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proof.jpg 
Views:	835 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	4651  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Wow I'm glad I wasn't here at the time of this fun little quarrel, or I would have joined right in and, well, it's over now. So, all views aside, I have desided to give it a go and show just how versatile XaraX is! This near replicate of the original was done in under 5 minutes with only Elliptical transparencies (my usual way of going about things) and a few linear. I hope this is enough proof to get you to practice a little harder in X, as I can see it is needed, this was quite simple actually! So, give it a try, PRACTICE, and come up with your own ORIGINAL piece, and who knows, maybe you'll appreciate the value of X a little more and see what more X can give you than RealDraw.

I would like to see some of your RealDraw pieces however Peter, I've only seen what it can do through the hands of the maker of the program

Hope this helps

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I want to check how do you do things. And actually I have one question [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] I would like to recreate this rubberduck in Xara and I'm lazy and think of using one shape zillion times.. or is it better and cut it to more shapes? like shape for mouth... for cheeks for wings.. etc?

Name:	rrduck.jpg 
Views:	790 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	18666  

Steve, good job! Much better than mine. Its funny how one can go down one track (approach) and overlook other solutions.

If you COULD POST your .xar file that would be super. If you want, you can download my file from the other "dread-thread" and see how I documented the process.

Regards, John

Please stop posting real-draw stuff on Xara forum and please stop comparing apples and carrots. These 2 programs are each made for different purpose and for different users. You can use New Gear or Gallery.

Btw. this rubber duck is mine down to the rubber... it's scanned on my scaner... it's currently an official mascot of Studio Style and it's sitting on my monitor. It's a real scan...

PS: of course shade and plattform is added by me...

Oscar please E-mail me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    (Posli mi majla pleeeze!)

Oscar you should know that I'm a XARA positive down to the bone check some of later threads started by me. Or check www.grafika.cz for my tutorials. I use Xara since 1.2 and yes I must admit I had Real Draw installed... it was not more than 1 day and it was unistalled.. it's not simple software... it's another weird program accompained with nice examples.. ;-))

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ross here -- in moderator mode! I think we have to respect Oscar's instruction not to post further Real Draw materials here. The camera is Oscar's copyrighted image and he certainly has the right to object to seeing his work posted by others irregardless of context. If Oscar wants to post his work - he will. Oscar, I hope you will agree to this post. If you want the violating image removed please email me and it can be removed. (I personally hope that is not what you want).

That said, Steve you did a great job of demonstrating that Xara X can handle Peter P's inquiry.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Excuse moi, I got it wrong. Oscar you did the image, thumbs up!

is a great program. Yes it is not Xara. I have used this program and it has many uses. Since this thread is here I will post an original file made in Real draw. But it does have its own web site and forum.
    http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/index.html

Don't knock it. Oscar has worked very hard on this and it is a nice program.

Name:	stapler2.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	8145  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I didn't mind posting my stuff at all, but I think it was enough RD in a forum called XARA, some people even started to think that it is me who is posting this stuff as a self promotion under different names(!) - while in fact I never ever started any thread on this Xara forum about RD, but I was always dragged to the discussion.
    It just takes a lot of time explaining what rd is and what not - and if you comparing it to the xara we all are in wrong forum. I said this mybe 10 times - if any comparison, then the only simillar soft is Macromedia Fireworks - which you must agree is everything but not xara.
    Xara can be compared with Corel, Illustrator, XRes etc. since these are apps made for the vector output purpose.
    See even Paintshop Pro or Photoshop has now vector editing, but it won't replace true-to-bone vector editors such corel draw or xara. Because of the different porpose.
    Howgh.
    Roman: I will write you an e-mail soon, but now I am installing Win XP so I am scared to even breath near workstation. (I am writing this on notebook)

[This message was edited by Oscar on July 27, 2001 at 21:38.]