Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hybrid View

Well, I only had a few minutes to even think about working on this lately, so I changed a few textures around. Still have not had time to start detailing the body- windows,mirrors and all that stuff! Looks like I still have alot to learn about 3D.
    George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purplecar.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	6686  

... front view...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	air-car_faceon.gif 
Views:	319 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	2909  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>decided to add some eyecandy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool....

A suggestion.
    Maybe you could start a new topic about your project. This ones getting pretty long, slowing the load time as well.

wow, just the thing for urban transport... and zoom, this little buggy would be pretty quick with and old KZ1100 under the hood...

this is one fine car to attempt to model...
    If and when I get around to trying this one out perhaps a car challenge 2 thread will be in order... anyhoo, I am getting carried away ahead of myself... just it looks real fun like...

there are enough reference pictures on this site to really make a good go of it though eh...

Thanx Ivan

geez, I just finished bringing these pics in for reference, and looking closer I would have to say that the general shape is much along similar lines as my basic formula car... so... for those who would attempt this in Wings, well... an octotoad could be a good starting point... I doubt I could rework my formula car as the windshield etc is much different, better to start fresh.... but yea, looks very cool... and it could be fun modeling with actual reference...

[This message was edited by gidgit on February 03, 2003 at 15:23.]

Ha ha, what a terrific idea Ivan... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cars are pretty cool objects ... basic enough to allow anybody to get in on this ( including me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ), while also allowing for you more experienced types to flex some poly and fx muscles... hehe...

Should prove to be great viewing for all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for all your help and encouragement! As far as the starship/car factor goes, I am sort of trying to create a futuristic car. The "car" of the future would resemble(in my opinion,that is)a starship. I would like to create this car using styles from the present being brought into a design of the future. This is sort of like the concept of the PT Cruiser- using the styling of the past,but made more up-to-date. Again,thanks for your replies,George

[This message was edited by Buzz2099 on April 22, 2003 at 13:22.]

Whoo-wee I think General Motors is in trouble.

My car used for transgenic experiments !!!

ivan

Do you know this nice car , based on revolutionary Antonov technology for the engine and the gear box ?

Fantastic design isn't it?

Kindly,
    ivan

... for its first aerodynamics tests !!!

ivan