Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Buzz, your welcome, this looks like a fun project to watch unfold... cool

Jens...haha, it just so happens that I didn't take it this way either Jens... I viewed a 3D challenge once upon a time, whereby the criteria of the models/scene was to be a flying thingie, pref c/w pilot, and the contraption was to be constructed with parts which we would all recognize from everyday life... ie... homemade looking

This was the thought I had in mind, though I also imagined your thoughts stemming more from a manufacturing side of things

anyways, some of the entries in said contest really looked cool... like the person must have had quite the little shop to have done the work in, if in real life... perhaps c/w sheet metal tools and apparauts, pipe benders, welding equip, industrial rivet machines, presses, the whole cabootle...

and voila... the model fly thingies looked somewhat homemade and looked very cool.

I like viewing this sort of 3D worx... has just the right bridge there between fantasy and reality to look closer just to see how far the details go... could it really work ? being the next question because it looks so cool and you recognize so many elements tied together in such a wonderous way... I likes this the best of all in 3D... just my preference of course

and Buzz, I apologize for taking your thread like this for an OT sort of disscusion with Jens here... You keep pushing those poly's and FX around ... this is going to be one fine galactic looking car from what I can see thus far...

[This message was edited by gidgit on April 21, 2003 at 16:04.]

I just discovered this thread few minutes ago and thought i should share my latest image. It's a car modeling i made for a french forum where i'm a moderator (a Cinema4D comunity)... lot of people love to model cars, wich i found boring. So i started a thread promising to model a Lamborghini MurciƩlago using "box modeling". And so i did ;-)

But the result was not the one most expectated, as i used Antoine de Saint Exupery way of box modeling

The final image recall to Saint Exupery (author of "Le petit Prince"), Magritte and Kubrick. The name of the image is "Ceci n'est pas une caisse" (this is not a box/car)... "caisse" is a slang word for "car", as well as a translation of "box" (in french).

Original thread (in french)

The image in FC4D's galery

[This message was edited by Renaud on April 22, 2003 at 13:05.]

Well, I have decided to scrap my other design and try to use a tutorial to learn a little bit more. With the little that I know about Cinema 4d, trying to jump into a car project was a bit overwhelming. I have taken a tutorial for a 1955 Chevy Belair and made some slight changes along the way. This is my work in progress....hope you enjoy. George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mychevy5.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	17223  

Here's an update on wip. Not much change...color,camera angle,racing stripes. Hope to find time to finish soon! George

Name:	mybluechevy.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	1  

this baby is coming right along... looking better and better with each step Keep it coming

No update with the car....but decided to add some eyecandy after reading the recent post about Poser. George

Name:	chevygirlpostwork.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	11701  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>decided to add some eyecandy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool....

A suggestion.
    Maybe you could start a new topic about your project. This ones getting pretty long, slowing the load time as well.