Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I see somebody like create cars.

Thus here is a double little challenge :

1. I will post a 3D model which corresponds to the images below in .obj and .dxf formats in the next messages.
    It has been made with the technique explained in this thread .
    Play with them and show the results. You can modify them for your taste and add all the parts you want.
    (it may be "ramollished" afterwards).

or

2. Create your own car from scratch. It can be realistic or humoristic, a sports car or a family car or everything. The only idea is "a car".

or play with the two ideas or combine them.

Enjoy,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car.png 
Views:	1014 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	19965  

I see somebody like create cars.

Thus here is a double little challenge :

1. I will post a 3D model which corresponds to the images below in .obj and .dxf formats in the next messages.
    It has been made with the technique explained in this thread .
    Play with them and show the results. You can modify them for your taste and add all the parts you want.
    (it may be "ramollished" afterwards).

or

2. Create your own car from scratch. It can be realistic or humoristic, a sports car or a family car or everything. The only idea is "a car".

or play with the two ideas or combine them.

Enjoy,
    ivan

Here is the .obj file :
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is the .dxf object :
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ha ha, what a terrific idea Ivan... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cars are pretty cool objects ... basic enough to allow anybody to get in on this ( including me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ), while also allowing for you more experienced types to flex some poly and fx muscles... hehe...

Should prove to be great viewing for all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ok, this model isn't as smooth as Ivan's... yet

but yea, here's what I have managed this evening thus far... damn, I am so slow at this... my mind knows what it wants to see, but too too many undo's later and still a chunker...ok... it's a start... have to become more friendly with the tools

Name:	carchlracecar1.gif 
Views:	871 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	1146  

...but more precise !
    I am allways stunned by the possibilities of Wings 3D, even if I was discouraged at the first time I tested it because of its lack of support for graphic tablets (or perhaps am I wrong?)

Amongs free modelers, I don't remember any message about Nurbana . I have played a little bit with it more than one year ago and had some problems with its Windows interface, but it's perhaps interesting too.

Kindly,
    ivan

I had the same initial reaction to WINGs non - support of the Wacom. Someone did suggest that you could set up the pen to behave as a mouse for that programme.

So mush software - so few hours in the day!

Cheers
    Dave

Home sweet home:
    Http://www.squeakypics.co.uk
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/dc3/index.htm
    http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/gallery/

Gee, I dunno, I am using Wings and a Graphire 2, with the mouse, and all seems just fine... I tried the pen for but a second and the heck with that... the mouse works, cool...

I still am not utilizing the advanced functions, ( thus no doubt working much harder than need be haha ) but I did however find that one must learn to work with points, ( and connect ) as well okdoki... ... I suppose the reason why I was hesitant to use points in Wings at first is due to how selecting point does not bring out some bright red point but rather it is hard to tell if you have the point selected at all... but... hey, now that I have worked with it a bit it seems ok, only had to use the undo a couple of times, because of say only a one side grab... ah, part of the learning process... but yea... also learning to go in and disolve what doesn't look right, and then connecting points to make up the new, much better looking, mesh area...

...man this Wings is so intuitive, click and do... simple, laid back, easy like to work with... I was pondering this revolve in the workspace approach and boyo, you dont have to focus on any manipulation handles at all... think about that... no time is wasted looking for that specific handle which will allow for that directional move... nope, just click the wheel and rotate, roll the wheel to zoom in and out... and though once in a while you may have to select the whole object and move, in order to get what you need into view to zoom in more, this is highly intuitive to do... small price to pay when using this one view approach, when you concider how easy everything is...

It's so funny, because you know there are times whereby going into some other app to do some quick spline work for say building a set of fenders for a car, but modeling is so comfy in Wings, that you really don't feel like going that route, but rather you just feel like tweaking the mesh in Wings instead... I will have to look at this quandry a bit further...

Have fun all... looking forward to viewing some cool cars here...

well, just finished doing some work on the front end, as well built in a ram air scoop top back... slow and steady... feedback encouraged folks

Name:	carchlracecar2.gif 
Views:	786 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	11209