Hey hey, I like those mags Mike... and the windshield is looking transparent for sure... more so than my feeble attempt... and hey, you put in a hood scoop, cool

Perhaps you have to have advanced settings enabled... re, the edge dividing ???

Yea, this sluggishness happens here too, when putting too many poly's on screen at one time... thing is... I think this app is really designed for low poly modeling.... game type modeling whereby the geom is basic and the "smoothing" is done via texturing as apposed to poly counts being high thus the surface's are smooth...

I thinks you model a part, say the wheel, then export to .obj file to your project folder... and when that part is a part of the whole as in the windshield for instance... you make the part "smooth" , then export, and then either undo back to where the part is once again basic, and or simply dissolve said area... this keeps the poly count down while working with the rest of the model... and once you have all of your parts made, then open up your other favorite 3D app to assemble, texture etc...

Well, back to trying to better understand some more of the tools and what they do, and how these moves effect the overall mesh... there is a secret to this low poly stuff... I just have to discover it... hahahaha

Happy tweaking all

[This message was edited by gidgit on February 01, 2003 at 22:15.]