Buzz, your welcome, this looks like a fun project to watch unfold... cool

Jens...haha, it just so happens that I didn't take it this way either Jens... I viewed a 3D challenge once upon a time, whereby the criteria of the models/scene was to be a flying thingie, pref c/w pilot, and the contraption was to be constructed with parts which we would all recognize from everyday life... ie... homemade looking

This was the thought I had in mind, though I also imagined your thoughts stemming more from a manufacturing side of things

anyways, some of the entries in said contest really looked cool... like the person must have had quite the little shop to have done the work in, if in real life... perhaps c/w sheet metal tools and apparauts, pipe benders, welding equip, industrial rivet machines, presses, the whole cabootle...

and voila... the model fly thingies looked somewhat homemade and looked very cool.

I like viewing this sort of 3D worx... has just the right bridge there between fantasy and reality to look closer just to see how far the details go... could it really work ? being the next question because it looks so cool and you recognize so many elements tied together in such a wonderous way... I likes this the best of all in 3D... just my preference of course

and Buzz, I apologize for taking your thread like this for an OT sort of disscusion with Jens here... You keep pushing those poly's and FX around ... this is going to be one fine galactic looking car from what I can see thus far...

[This message was edited by gidgit on April 21, 2003 at 16:04.]