Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Seeing the recent rapturous reports of another drawing program, I just wonder how much we might use X3D in conjunction with XX to get similar effects. Would Xaras efforts be better spent on creating bump effects in X3D which already has lighting, together with closer integration such as being able to embed X3D in XX, or at least provide a Macromedia style cross referencing facility?
    In the illustration the additional lighting effects have been created using the saturation transparency in XX. I've never professed to be an artist - maybe others could do much better,

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d4.gif 
Views:	325 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	10710  
    Tony

Seeing the recent rapturous reports of another drawing program, I just wonder how much we might use X3D in conjunction with XX to get similar effects. Would Xaras efforts be better spent on creating bump effects in X3D which already has lighting, together with closer integration such as being able to embed X3D in XX, or at least provide a Macromedia style cross referencing facility?
    In the illustration the additional lighting effects have been created using the saturation transparency in XX. I've never professed to be an artist - maybe others could do much better,

Tony
    Tony

Tony

I suspect that we are not the only ones who are aware of that other product.

I would be surprised if the folks at Xara have not already begun to reverse engineer some of the more appropriate effects.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Well Gary, I'm sure that's good news. Clearly a problem Xara must have continually is how to keep up with the leaders and at the same time avoid overloading and overcomplicating XX with additional tools, keeping the software down to a downloadable size, not to mention price. Using X3D for lighting, 3D and 'bump' effects would be one way to do this if only the still versions of X3D could be embedded in XX.
    Tony
    Tony