Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We have so many freaking threads going, I want us ALL on this one, okay?

IMO (as moderator, do not forget my esteemed title and all the weight that goes with that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]...

1.)Get rid of the Ouija board.

2.) Use the Scrabble pieces, but keep the message apolitical. This is supposed to be a sim of how an animation studio works TOGETHER. You want a message in the picture? I agree, but make it a larger statement than the WTC, Bin Ladin's hemmorhoids, hate, confusion, and so on. Make the statement POINTED.

Perhaps you have 2 bots, communicating using Scrabble tiles. One message says, "Why are we here", and the other says, "Go Lakers". Or perhaps the bot is reading from a story book to a child, perverting it. "Once there was a really ugly kid and a handsome robot..."

3.)I do not want to drag out on any of the issues/objections. As a gardener, you yank the weeds out, and plant beautiful flora, okay?

I want this to be a collaboration, and it's turned into a discussion (which is fine), and now a debate (this is not fine).

If I have any special deciding powers on this list, I hate seeing it mired in less than critical issues. ON WITH THE PLAY!

Can someone do a sketch that better illuminates what I've described here, post it, and then let's take a vote on it tomorrow, the 27th?

Please? The momentum and enthusiasm seems to be ebbing.

Gary

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kid's_room.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	6215  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

We have so many freaking threads going, I want us ALL on this one, okay?

IMO (as moderator, do not forget my esteemed title and all the weight that goes with that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]...

1.)Get rid of the Ouija board.

2.) Use the Scrabble pieces, but keep the message apolitical. This is supposed to be a sim of how an animation studio works TOGETHER. You want a message in the picture? I agree, but make it a larger statement than the WTC, Bin Ladin's hemmorhoids, hate, confusion, and so on. Make the statement POINTED.

Perhaps you have 2 bots, communicating using Scrabble tiles. One message says, "Why are we here", and the other says, "Go Lakers". Or perhaps the bot is reading from a story book to a child, perverting it. "Once there was a really ugly kid and a handsome robot..."

3.)I do not want to drag out on any of the issues/objections. As a gardener, you yank the weeds out, and plant beautiful flora, okay?

I want this to be a collaboration, and it's turned into a discussion (which is fine), and now a debate (this is not fine).

If I have any special deciding powers on this list, I hate seeing it mired in less than critical issues. ON WITH THE PLAY!

Can someone do a sketch that better illuminates what I've described here, post it, and then let's take a vote on it tomorrow, the 27th?

Please? The momentum and enthusiasm seems to be ebbing.

Gary

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Ok, maybe not "Zoidburgh"! but if we can think of the perfect word that would make this pic fit, it would be awsome, any suggestions?

Steve Newport

Name:	bot.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	20169  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

C3PO ???

or

R2D2 ???

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gang--

Let's extend the deadline for voting, and really help polish Steve's idea, okay?

Please, please, litter this thread with wonderful ideas today!!!!

(I wanna get on with the process!)

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Here's a sketch for consideration...

Toy robot spells out "play with me" with the scrabble pieces. Other toys are in background. Robot is bending over and is looking at the viewer as if asking the question of the viewer.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Name:	robot2.jpg 
Views:	759 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	178  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The robot...

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Name:	robot3.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	7604  

Well, Q and Z are both worth 10 points, and J/X are worth 8. K is worth 5, and H/V/W/Y/F are worth 4.

So perhaps the word could be:
    Quaxzavy or something using those high-scoring letters... (trying to maximize the points).

Has anyone played a computer in a game of scrabble? They'll come up with the weirdest 'words', which you and I wouldn't consider words, but sure enough, they're in the official Scrabble Dictionary.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

maybe I've missed something, so I think I'd better ask before it'll be too late:

do we want to develop a still or an animation?

I's prefer to combine Steve's and Ross' ideas - the original toybot and the scrabble 'do you want to play with me' - that's perfect.

Reason: as much as I feel challenged by the bot from Ross, I'd prefer the retro design of the kiddy bot because it's so cute. The other bot might lead into a direction of sci fi or star wars.

Yes, I am a fan of old mechanics ;-}

Anyway, got to leave you at this point because I will be deep in a national forest for the next 15 days - no PC, not even a laptop, just a cell phone for emergency calls (this is a last, desperate attempt to forget anything about today's civilization, high tech world, computers etc.)

If I will still have the time I will post a model of the bot later...

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens...
    This is a "still image" project bud.
    (and have a great time on your hiatus) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ok i also like the "play with me" idea.

Probably doesn't have to be scened in a backyard though... just as well it's in a room (child's room, or even the closet[with the door half open]). Maybe it could be scened under the child's bed?

The 'other' toys can be laying about, perhaps a toybox is visible or partially so, in the background.

Also if we feel challenged... perhaps have a childs clothing tossed about the floor in the bg as well... maybe his/her bed, night table & lamp, dresser, etc...