I do most of my work on my dell inspiron 3800, which I think has a 14.1" display. I have the resolution set to 800x600 on it. My desktop is an old pentium 200, but I have it set up to a very nice present that a friend bought me - a Dell / Trinitron monitor, which I think is 21" and I have that resolution set to 1024x768. Everything looks good on that monitor. :-) I check my sites on both screens because the laptop is a lot darker than the Trinitron. I optimize my sites for 800x600, make sure they look good at 1024, and readable in both 1600x1200 and 640x480. At 640, scrolling is sometimes necessary to see the entire page, but I always try to make sure that all of the content is in a column that will shrink narrow enough to fit within the screen at 640x480 so that no scrolling is necessary to read it. I'm currently a little miffed about a volunteer site I'm working on because the new girl they put in charge of giving me the content wants me to totally redesign the site because she has her computer's resolution set to 640x480 and has to scroll left to right to see all of the columns, and this is six months after the design was approved, but the site still hasn't gone live because they haven't given me all of the content they want on it. grumble, grumble :-)