Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I downloaded the patch # 2 for xp. When I open Dreamweaver and edit my nav bar using Menu Maker then try to preview it I get the pop up blocker that blocks the navbar. I have to tell it to view the content and hit yes. Then my navbar appears. This is very annoying to have to go through this everytime I view my websites. I don't know if this is from the patch, Dreamweaver or Menu Maker. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks much for any help-
    Meia

Meia i assume you are talking about service pack 2 for windows xp. if so open up your internet explorer. go to tools and mouse down to pop-up blocker the menu will expand and there you can turn it off. or go to internet options and you can allow pop ups for certain address's. personaly if you are going to use ie than keep thier blocker off and go to google.com and download thiers. it is alot better and allows you to click a button to allow a pop-up from any site.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Actually, after I publish the site the menu appears fine without interferance from the pop up blocker. It is only when I am trying to view it from Dreamweaver to see the changes I made that it (popup blocker) appears. I don't know if this is a DW thing, or a Menu Maker thing.

Meia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	7045  

I found the answer to my own question. If anyone has the same problem with menu maker or anything similar in the future here is what to do

Question #153
    Does Windows XP Service Pack 2 -SP2- disable JavaScript and Flash in Internet Explorer?

The Answer
    Prepared Aug. 2004 by Al Sparber, PVII
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) does not disable JavaScript or Flash by default.

Active Content is not disabled by default
    When you install SP2, the installer detects your current security settings with regard to Active Content and does not change them. So if you had Internet Explorer set to block JavaScript, Flash, and other Active Content prior to installing the service pack, then they will continue to be disabled. If you had not disabled Active Content before - your settings will not be changed and you will be able to view JavaScript, Flash, and other Active Content on the Internet.

But when I preview my page in Dreamweaver, IE alerts me that content is blocked!
    This is correct. Microsoft created a Lockdown Zone to block all Active Content on pages that reside on your local hard drive. JavaScript and Flash will be blocked when you preview a local file - but the page will display normally when viewed on the internet. Microsoft did this to protect the lowest common denominator of users from malevolent content delivered via traded CDs, DVDs, and other portable media - or from files saved via the internet or e-mail to your local hard drive.

Enabling the preview of Active Content in Dreamweaver
    To enable viewing active content in files that are on your local hard drive:

In IE, Choose Internet Options - Advanced
    Scroll down to the Security Heading
    Check the option labeled: Allow active content to run in files on my computer
    Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect

thanks meia i fixed the problem...