Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: fishes

I don't know what's happening anymore Jinn the air's getting heavy my canary is lying on the bottom of the cage. I think I'll need that jet pack to get out of here alive.

I just want Panfer to lift this curse, I fear I'll never see the blue sky and a river with a waterfall again.

In this dark world even Fred Astar looks like he's joined the Ku Klux Klan. Yep all the way to the end, it took me 20 mins to read.

I like it, do you mean three 20 second sweeps then join them up. 'cause that's what I'm going to do. I might have to use the checkerboad patten pen though, it's just too funky to leave out. Then again I might not.

Regards T (is that too formal)
    IP

Nothing much going on at the Painter List, this is definately where the action is.

Do you think Athena would mind if I move a sofa in here? Or maybe a silk parachute hanging from the floor above, a couple of psychedelic posters and a black light.

Maybe Panfer's computer hung up on the 276k Ganga jpeg. It was an accident, I saw 76 secs and thought it said k's. However it does keep out the riff raff.

I'm not so sure about your numbering system Jinn, I thought the original post was like a mezzanine level.

THink
    IP

T.H.,

Yep, 3 x 20 secs. (or whatever feels like 20 secs.)... (or as close as we can come to 20 secs.) ...(nobody's checking, really).

got my first one done. it pays to stay up all night. editor's konked out now.

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

T.H.,

Heard about your canary on the way down here to level 21. Please accept my condolances.

Yep, 3 x 20 secs. (or whatever feels like 20 secs. )...(more or less)...(nobody's keeping track, really).

Have my first one done. Waiting for energy now.

Try not to breathe much. This will be over soon.

over and out (that too military?)

Jinny Brown
    IP

I was hoping you'd show me yours first. Ok standard checkerboard pattern pen 20 seconds, wiggly captured pattern brush 15 seconds, bevelled eye hose 10 seconds.

I know it's pretty crap but you wait till I get it framed, I'll put it above the sofa so I can watch it glowing from my bean bag.

T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	8030  
    IP

T.H.,

You make me so ashamed.. sticking to the rules like that. Neat image, especially done in less than a minute! I 'specially like your Captured Brush designs and love the way you used the
    Checkerboard Pattern/Pattern Pen and how it breaks up, goes in different directions, and the varied perspective (and the gradient too!).

You see... I have this problem (people tell me all the time). I got this idea after the Nozzle and well.. the problem is.. quitting is not my forte.

IOU one 3 x 20 sec image for real. Here's what I did, anyway.. just for the 'elluvit.

Report first:

Nozzle (brown things see if you can figger them out) - 20 seconds to spray them, about 15 minutes to make the Nozzle.

Pattern Pen (from my own pattern made a long time ago and don't remember now .. brown cow) 20 seconds to paint the background.

Captured Brush (banners) - about 15 **minutes** to make the brush, a whole lot longer, maybe an hour, to figure out what settings to use (Impasto Color and Depth), place them, draw the "handles"and apply Composite Methods to them.

Then, of course I had to fiddle with my logo and decided to use a bigger one drawn in Illustrator because I liked how the lines interlaced with the Nozzle part when Composite Method Luminosity was applied.

Sorry about my lack of control. Will try to do better. Here it is:

http://www.pixelalley.com/painterfor...-x-3-final.jpg

Jinny Brown

[This message was edited by Jinny Brown on June 28, 2001 at 02:30.]
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    IP

Telonious,

OK.. here's my 20/20/20 second image.

Nozzle Layer was set to Composite Method Overlay, so here's what my Nozzle looks like at Default:

http://www.pixelalley.com/painterfor...e4-forreal.jpg

Pattern Pen, used with one of my own Patterns, for the background, painted with a large brush Size, the Layer selected, and Define Pattern checked.

Captured Brush is a Pen drawing of my smile (slightly distorted to look extra lovely), Impasto Draw to: Color and Depth Method: Original Source (another one of my Patterns snipped from a painting).

The image:

http://www.pixelalley.com/painterfor...-3-forreal.jpg

Now I feel much better. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    IP

I thought you were going to leave me stranded for a while. When I look at your image it looks like I've fallen off a tall building and the pavement is coming towards me, fast, and I can see my whole life there embedded in the pavement flashing before my eyes.

I'm surprised you commented on the pattern pen. When I first got painter I spent days dragging this default pen around the canvas. I still never get bored with it. You can really get lost drawing over and over changing all the time impermanent like a Tibetan sand painting.

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	5832  
    IP

only eight levels, to go by the way Jinn who's doing this killer tut anyway?

Name:	op.gif 
Views:	298 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	9235  
    IP

How 'bout we decide the tutorial's aboutness first?

"Jinn"

Jinny Brown
    IP