Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fishes

Hybrid View

"Re: Joining Us
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Panfer!
    How nice of you to drop in (down) to see us way down here."
    Thank You
    Gosh 3 pages.
    I am slow and with Out of town visitors so computer time is very little at the moment. But I do check once in a while and read a post or two and grasp a few of the informative lessons you all post here. I haven't had time to practice much on my Classic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

I'm really more of a photoshopist Jinny but for what it's worth this is Ganga

T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ganga.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	16501  
    IP

Here's another one where the centre of the door has been placed on the third, and also the hands dropping whatever it is into the basket on the other third. But it was the tight cropping on the roofs and lots of foreground which I gave the most thought to. I knew I'd only get one go at this as I could see the woman shuffling into the shot and I knew the bird would take off at the crucial moment.

The blue wall and the various pots and wok is what made the shot worthwhile to me.

T

Name:	Manjunatha-Temple.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	8167  
    IP

Golly, I'm panting, it's so far down here. I thought I'd never reach this hidden cavern. Maybe you're running low on air and getting a bit giddy. Should I climb back to the top to get you some supplies????
    What an adventure, and who ever said that getting lost is no fun? lol Next time I'll bring my pick so I can chisel on the wall too...
    IP

Yes just a reminder, while those people in the southern hemisphere,like Stu (aka Kiwi), are enjoying a nice chilly winter. Up here in Houston, Texas we are enjoying a wonderful muggy summer.

And just about now, I'm reviving my wish list for forum features directed at the powers that be.

I wish you could post in a topic tree. instead of being forced to post linearly. This way, you could address the topic that you are thinking of directly. . . oh well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] beggars can't be choosers. (the cost of hosting and maintaining this forum isn't coming out of MY pocket. . .so I'll be patient [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

ok now here is my question to Thelonious.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1561926632

I can see what you mean about the red counteracting the large amount of blue sky. But I am curious.

1. <LI>without the red *routemaster*, does it really look unpleasant or just ordinary? I guess the sky does seem pretty big without the red "routemaster".
      <LI>how would we fix it if we didn't have the fortune of getting the "routemaster" or the tourmaster hose [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
      <LI>would you have zeroed in more on the structure before you? as in clipping out more of the sky and some of the sidewalk to have the arch and the statue fill the view. I'm guessing that is brickwork on the floor there so have the brickwork along the very bottom (instead of the pavement?)
      <LI>not really meaning to criticize (please don't take this as criticism). . .just wondering how you would have fixed it without having the "routemaster"?

but you've been bringing up some fascinating points. It's been very absorbing reading. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank you,

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

revisionist history strikes again:

corrected bleu to blue
    corrected tourmaster to *routemaster*
    was it a dyslexic moment? I have no idea [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on July 16, 2001 at 10:53.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

I was hoping you'd show me yours first. Ok standard checkerboard pattern pen 20 seconds, wiggly captured pattern brush 15 seconds, bevelled eye hose 10 seconds.

I know it's pretty crap but you wait till I get it framed, I'll put it above the sofa so I can watch it glowing from my bean bag.

T

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	8030  
    IP

Hi Inkings,

For what it's worth, here's what I see when I right-click your image file name at the bottom of your message:

42a%2Eblue%20fishes%2052.html

Those percent signs are put in automatically if you leave a space in the file name. It's better to either use a dash or an underscore.. like this:

jin-brown

or

jin_brown

Also, I don't know why it's coming up as an HTML file unless it's a Web page you're trying to post. If that's the case and what you really want is to just have the image display inside your message, it does, as mentioned before, need to be uploaded to a server somewhere.

Hope you can get the posting thing fixed. I'd love to see it. Good luck.

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Welcome to level 17. This is where you can kick your shoes off and relax. So go make yourself a cup of tea, or get a beer, I'll wait...

Yeah pattern brushes. You can make them real quick and with the angle and spacing not to mention colour variation it's surprising how good they can look.

So Jinn, do you think we'll be seeing Panfer back for a while. Will she come out of the closet or what. Are you old enough to remember how in the 60's we were all going to go to work by now with jet packs. Do you feel cheated?

Here's an idea, lets just shoot the breeze for a while till everyone gets bored with this thread then at about level 33 post the absolute killer tutorial that noone will ever see. It'd be very zen.

If we keep it going long enough we might get some really rare postees come out of their shell, probably about level 63 I guess.

How about a little competition (not judged of course) Design a pattern brush then in one continuous stroke see what you can do in one 20 second sweep.

T
    IP

My fishie swims again.....
    IP

How 'bout we decide the tutorial's aboutness first?

"Jinn"

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP