Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fishes

Stecyk,

Thank you. How the heck was I to know.. I wondered if it was Inkings but it seemed more to be Thelonious' since it was in his post and there didn't seem to be anything saying whose it was.

Dang! Now I'm going to have to snatch back the credit from Thelonious' grip and give it to Inkings.

Inkings, your painting is lovely.. the colors are beautiful and I forgot to say this before.. and I did realize the shapes were fishes.... nice fishes. Humble JPEG or not.. I like it!

Thelonious, are you working hard at that painting? we're watching that spot.

~Õ¿Õ~

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Inkings,

Where are these images located?

Anyone,

How did Thelonious get the image to post it for Inkings? I tried all the tricks I know to see it and nothing worked.

Hmmm....

Jinny Brown
    IP

I've had this same problem happen occasionally and I can't figure out why, so I was sort of interested. I just clicked on the download, then there was a jpeg on my desktop.

I was just checking out what the browse box looked like, I hit browse and the jpeg was already in the window, then I accidentally hit post now.

Damn these Macs they make it too easy.

T
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Although Inkings image got posted as a link, that link still open up fine in my browser. I find no reference to html in the link or the url of the window it opens in. After opening the link, when the image is right-clicked (PC) and "properties" is selected from the menu - it tells me it is an unknown type and I note there is no file extension. If I choose "save picture as" I find that windows assigns it a jpg extension.

When I posted Inkings other recent post that also displayed itself as a link, I saved the file locally and then attached it in the usual way. No problemo. Where all this is leading is that I think the posting problem relates only to Inking's file names having no file extension. Without the extension the forum software attaches a link. If Inkings made sure when he attaches a file that it has the appropriate extension I'm pretty sure all would work as it should.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP

I'm really more of a photoshopist Jinny but for what it's worth this is Ganga

T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ganga.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	16501  
    IP

Oh Thelonious!

Thank heaven you came back to fill that space. My neck was getting stiff staring at it.

Ganga, eh? Is this a Hindu god, or.. um.. am I close? He(she?) certainly has a lot of rings.

Photoshop, or Painter? How'd you get those ring things?

Guess I should tell you I like it. Most unusual and interesting...

Why is my video tape clunking? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Thanks, T.

(going back to look at Ganga some more)

Jinny Brown
    IP

Thanks,
    It was really very easy. It's just two stroked lines with bevel world applied and an iris painted in with some surface texture lighting and topped off with a lump of liquid metal.

After putting off making an image hose for so long I discovered that you don't need to make a variation of sizes! I made this single image into an image hose and just hosed it on.

If you play around with the angle it's amazing the effects you can get from such a simple hose.

Ganga came down to the earth and became the Ganges. But like she was a big girl so she had to do it via Shiva's matted hair. She sort of hung around in his hair for a long time, this really annoyed one of his other girlfriends. (Parvati?) Everyone liked Shiva, I think it was a power thing. You know he wouldn't think twice of turning 60,000 people to ash just for looking at him wrong.

T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye.jpg 
Views:	790 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	3143  
    IP

Thelonious,

That was an interesting message! Thanks for both explanations.. your image and Ganga.

Now I'm so darned educated! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yes, Nozzles and Captured Brushes are really easy and surprisingly capable of variety.. to say nothing of how much fun they can be.

Thanks again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    IP

Welcome to level 17. This is where you can kick your shoes off and relax. So go make yourself a cup of tea, or get a beer, I'll wait...

Yeah pattern brushes. You can make them real quick and with the angle and spacing not to mention colour variation it's surprising how good they can look.

So Jinn, do you think we'll be seeing Panfer back for a while. Will she come out of the closet or what. Are you old enough to remember how in the 60's we were all going to go to work by now with jet packs. Do you feel cheated?

Here's an idea, lets just shoot the breeze for a while till everyone gets bored with this thread then at about level 33 post the absolute killer tutorial that noone will ever see. It'd be very zen.

If we keep it going long enough we might get some really rare postees come out of their shell, probably about level 63 I guess.

How about a little competition (not judged of course) Design a pattern brush then in one continuous stroke see what you can do in one 20 second sweep.

T
    IP

The. Hink,

Let me get my bearings.. I think you're actually at subterranean level 18. I'm at 19 but I can see you up there. My shoes are off and with your permission (for tea, at least), there's a cup of coffee at my side.

Pattern brushes, eh? Well that's yet another kind. Now we have Nozzles, Captured Brushes, and Pattern Brushes (Pattern Pens?). I know it's cheating, but I did an image for one of the challenges over in the Painter Forum at IDD a while back. The challenge was to paint a dancing star. After much ado and a great deal of wobbling, it finally came to me! Please have a look:

http://www.pixelalley.com/painterfor...-n-ginger.html

Did you read the text, all the way to the bottom? Hmmmm....

Let me think about this. Is there some connection between Panfer coming back (I hope she will) and jet packs? No, I don't feel cheated.. never did like the idea of jet packs anyway. I did kind of like my son's idea, though. He was concerned about traffic accidents and decided it would be a good idea to have cars run on a cable thing buried in the street that would automatically make them stop at the corners so each crossing street could have a turn. He never followed through on it, though. I guess that's what happens when you have a good idea too soon. He was 7.

At level 33? Does that mean we can't do anything serious 'til then? I've already done the one continuous stroke in less than 20 seconds (didn't know that about me did you?).

OK.. here's what: Let's do one of each, a Pattern Pen, a Captured Brush, a Nozzle, and then make one image using them. Everything's got to be new. Those are the rules.

Be back in a while... (this pot of coffee's gonna keep me up the rest of the night and most of tomorrow/today... it's 3:02 am here).

Jinny Brown
    IP