Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fishes

Hybrid View

All painter. Am I missing something with attachments?

[This message was edited by inkings on June 23, 2001 at 23:49.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thanks all for the posting help. It is a humble jpeg so I don't understand HTML codes in it..

After making the painting I deleted a little border and used the "thin distort" to make the pointy edges. You can see the paper at the edge but not in the print. inkings
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Great design Inkings!

Regarding your troubles posting images - Maybe you should go to the Test Forum and try out all the posting options and try to discover if you were doing something wrong.

By the way, if your image is already hosted online somewhere else (even in the test forum for example) you can use the "image" instant uub code to have it display inline in your posting without it being an "attachment". With this method you can have more than one pic per posting.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP

Oh Thelonious!

Thank heaven you came back to fill that space. My neck was getting stiff staring at it.

Ganga, eh? Is this a Hindu god, or.. um.. am I close? He(she?) certainly has a lot of rings.

Photoshop, or Painter? How'd you get those ring things?

Guess I should tell you I like it. Most unusual and interesting...

Why is my video tape clunking? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Thanks, T.

(going back to look at Ganga some more)

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thelonious,

You early bird, you!

What a wonderful post on composition! Thankyou [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

May I copy it to the thread on composition? This will leave the original here. It should be a duplicate post. I'll explain below that I duplicated the post.
    Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Stecyk,

Thank you. How the heck was I to know.. I wondered if it was Inkings but it seemed more to be Thelonious' since it was in his post and there didn't seem to be anything saying whose it was.

Dang! Now I'm going to have to snatch back the credit from Thelonious' grip and give it to Inkings.

Inkings, your painting is lovely.. the colors are beautiful and I forgot to say this before.. and I did realize the shapes were fishes.... nice fishes. Humble JPEG or not.. I like it!

Thelonious, are you working hard at that painting? we're watching that spot.

~Õ¿Õ~

Jinny Brown
    IP

Here we have an aspect that breaks the rules. The following shot is symetrical about the centre axis and also the main horizontal line is central. Normally this would look unpleasant. Indeed if you remove the red bus with your finger you can see how it looks like a typical boring tourist shot.

However by patiently waiting for an old "routemaster" to rumble by everything is changed. Suddenly the expanse of sky has something to react to. The red is very strong and it only takes a little to balance the big blue sky. The up down tension caused by your eye being continually dragged down to the bus, coupled with the placement of the bus in the arch is enough to counteract the symmetry about the vertical axis.

Fortunately in Painter you can make a "routemaster" hose and instead of waiting around for half an hour you can just hose on as many routemasters as is necessary to make your composition work.

T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arch.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	7392  
    IP

Having a whale of a time with the creatures of the deep fishie thread. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Name:	whale.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	12611  
    IP

Well, composition is about seeing. And todays tutorial will be on using photography (digital or trad) to get a feel for it. Seeing, I believe can be learned. First of all a grounding in the fundamental nature of reality is useful so go and get that first, I'll wait.... OK ready? here we go.

The big picture in this case will be your backyard. We are going to take a roll of film, and the composition will take place in the viewfinder. We'll be thinking about texture, balance, lighting, colour but also your emotional reaction to the subject. Other people's ideas of beauty will be tossed out the window. This is your personal view of the world. That is what will determine the subject but you are going to have an eye on composition as well. Be aware of what draws your attention, what shapes do you see.

Move in CLOSE think of the viewfinder frame as a painting frame. Try to get to a point where your eye tends to wander all over the image and is not overly dragged to a particular point. If it feels this is happening see if you can somehow determine the cause and fix it in a way that has the least impact on the shot.

For example a dark area may be unbalancing the shot. Maybe you can reposition slightly to have a bit less of it, or perhaps a slight change in angle will introduce a small bit of light that will do the trick. See what slight changes in angle or perspective do, take a couple of variations.

Take lots of different shots and treat the objects more as abstract shapes. If you like the look, shape, texture, colour of something then shoot it. Take out everything superfluous.

After you get the shots back examine them dispassionately to see what worked and why.

Later at about level 105 we will see how to hone our skills with reportage style shots where decisions need to be made very quickly.

Here is a shot taken amidst a crowd of 250,000 not retouched or cropped.

thelonious

Sorry Jinn too late

PS I do use the [ ] keys usually but sometimes it's good if the keyboard can be eliminated altogether.

[This message was edited by Thelonious Hink on July 03, 2001 at 08:37.]

Name:	NH.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	8677  
    IP

Inkings,

Where are these images located?

Anyone,

How did Thelonious get the image to post it for Inkings? I tried all the tricks I know to see it and nothing worked.

Hmmm....

Jinny Brown
    IP