Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: just a reminder

hello friends.

I'm not going to pretend to be an authority on email viruses. But I just checked the Symantec site and they had 2 good points worth repeating.

1. at the moment, you can't get a virus just reading an email. ok the paranoid part of me thinks that one is just a matter of time
    2. scan all attachments even from friends because their computer may have gotten infected and DO NOT open strange attachments

I mention this because I just got 2 emails, allegedly from the same person, precisely 12 hrs apart from each other. one of them named the story of christmas (cuento de navidad) was the actual title of this message. and the other one was titled aforismos (spanish for aphorisms). Both of which were interesting titles. but when i opened the messages. each one had a text document attached and a zipped file attached. so i deleted the messages and did not opent the attachments.

I do not open strange attachments especially from someone I don't know. I hope you don't either. Just be cautious. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

hello friends.

I'm not going to pretend to be an authority on email viruses. But I just checked the Symantec site and they had 2 good points worth repeating.

1. at the moment, you can't get a virus just reading an email. ok the paranoid part of me thinks that one is just a matter of time
    2. scan all attachments even from friends because their computer may have gotten infected and DO NOT open strange attachments

I mention this because I just got 2 emails, allegedly from the same person, precisely 12 hrs apart from each other. one of them named the story of christmas (cuento de navidad) was the actual title of this message. and the other one was titled aforismos (spanish for aphorisms). Both of which were interesting titles. but when i opened the messages. each one had a text document attached and a zipped file attached. so i deleted the messages and did not opent the attachments.

I do not open strange attachments especially from someone I don't know. I hope you don't either. Just be cautious. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

athena

remember to delete your deleted files also. some viruses can do their thing from there too!

of course, being a mac user, this advice is not applicable.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

got some virus laiden emails a month or so ago. a bunch of them. they had attachments with .com.exe file types. i didn't know what was up so i opened one. couldn't! didn't work on mac. yippee! so i opened it in VPC/98.... and well i had to delete the whole program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

i'm alright though.

ghi
    IP

Your right Athena, I recieve at least 5 a day maybe more of that new virus going around. The subject is always different but the letter is basically the same, delete, delete....
    IP