Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

Thanks for any help on this one.

I have a photo of a neon like sign and I would like to change the color of the neon. The problem is with the glow of the neon. When I go to "change color" and swap the colors the main color changes and thats fine. The glow on the outside (outline) that is progressively light and then dark (from the glow fading out into the night) either completely changes to the full color or does not change at all. I am using corel 8. Is there a way to change the fading colors all with one tool or on set of instructions. There are too many different colors to change to go thru all of the individual progressive colors to change the glow. Thanks for any help.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikeb.gif 
Views:	1756 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	16371  
    IP

Hi,

Thanks for any help on this one.

I have a photo of a neon like sign and I would like to change the color of the neon. The problem is with the glow of the neon. When I go to "change color" and swap the colors the main color changes and thats fine. The glow on the outside (outline) that is progressively light and then dark (from the glow fading out into the night) either completely changes to the full color or does not change at all. I am using corel 8. Is there a way to change the fading colors all with one tool or on set of instructions. There are too many different colors to change to go thru all of the individual progressive colors to change the glow. Thanks for any help.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Lance,

I have never used version 8 but hope you have same options. Make a copy of your photo and mask the neon.
    Go to image>adjust>hue/saturation/lightness and move the sliders until you get the color you want.

Another way is to change the merge mode in the object docker to color and paint over the masked area.

Cheryl
    IP

Duplicate your image
    Convert it to Mode Lab
    Use Tone Curve and play with Channel "a" and "b" to change color.
    Copy paste to original as a new object.
    Mask and erase.
    Combine objects.
    IP