Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all.

I recently upgraded to CorelDraw 11. I'm now having trouble with the program remembering the customized settings I've made under the Tools/Options menu.

For instance, I want the program to use 100% of my system's available RAM. I'll type in the settings I want. Then, under the Documents option, I check off all the boxes including the main one which states "Save options as defaults for new documents".

If I then close the program, and restart it (to allow the new settings to take effect), my settings all go back to the factory defaults.

By the way, under the Tools menu, I also did click the button which supposedly will "Save Settings As Default".

I never had this particular problem with older versions of CorelDraw on my computer. I also use CorelDraw 11 on another computer at work, but I'm having no similar problems there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    IP

Hello all.

I recently upgraded to CorelDraw 11. I'm now having trouble with the program remembering the customized settings I've made under the Tools/Options menu.

For instance, I want the program to use 100% of my system's available RAM. I'll type in the settings I want. Then, under the Documents option, I check off all the boxes including the main one which states "Save options as defaults for new documents".

If I then close the program, and restart it (to allow the new settings to take effect), my settings all go back to the factory defaults.

By the way, under the Tools menu, I also did click the button which supposedly will "Save Settings As Default".

I never had this particular problem with older versions of CorelDraw on my computer. I also use CorelDraw 11 on another computer at work, but I'm having no similar problems there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    IP

I think that you don't need to assign 100% of your resources to DRAW. It may cause problems in your system.

Probably you have a corrupted workspace.

Hold F8 while launching and restore factory settings.

Create a new workspace, and customize it.
    IP

Thanks for your advice, Michael. Actually, I ended up calling Corel's tech support phone line. They finally determined that the path to my default workspace was probably longer than 128 characters. They said any such path longer than 128 characters won't be recognized by Corel Draw 11 (or perhaps any other version).

I had to rename a line in my corelapp.ini file which refers to my default workspace, abridging the word "UserWorkspace" to simply "UW" to cut down on characters.

I then had to rename my Corel "User Workspace" folder to simply "UW" so as the newly revised line in my corelapp.ini file would recognize that folder.

Somehow, renaming the Corel "User Workspace" folder resulted in a folder of the same name being created in the same directory. Upon deleting that, my problems went away.

As for allocating 100% of my system RAM to CorelDraw, I've not yet encountered a problem with doing that. In fact, I'm also allocating 100% of my RAM to Adobe Photoshop 7. I often run both programs together with no problem. Granted, I have 640 Megs of RAM in my system which may make a difference.
    IP