Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bliss ...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I've been fooling around making photo composites in xara - for fun, and for a upcoming guest tutorial in Gary's xaraxone.com supersite.

This is one of my first efforts and although it isn't all that convincing I thought I'd post it anyway. That's yours truly and my bride on our wedding day almost 14 years ago. I had a pic I took of a New York subway car of a few years earlier. The pest waving (a friend) was in the subway car pic but I moved him over so you could still see him when I added the bride and groom.

I call the image "Bliss" because I find it amazing how young couples in love are in their own little world oblivious to all around them. At the time Heather and I were married we had no jobs, about $200 dollars between us - and most importantly - not a care in the world!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bliss.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	2618  

I've been fooling around making photo composites in xara - for fun, and for a upcoming guest tutorial in Gary's xaraxone.com supersite.

This is one of my first efforts and although it isn't all that convincing I thought I'd post it anyway. That's yours truly and my bride on our wedding day almost 14 years ago. I had a pic I took of a New York subway car of a few years earlier. The pest waving (a friend) was in the subway car pic but I moved him over so you could still see him when I added the bride and groom.

I call the image "Bliss" because I find it amazing how young couples in love are in their own little world oblivious to all around them. At the time Heather and I were married we had no jobs, about $200 dollars between us - and most importantly - not a care in the world!

Regards, Ross

... a very smart and handsome man in that picture! When did all start to fall apart? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Your face in your profile is covered in Xara tatoos and you have that crazy stare! I'm getting that stare also... my wife says that she will boot me out if I place even one tatoo on my body!

I don't know what to do... I have a needle and some ink hidden in my old sneakers in hall cupboard - and the urge is getting stronger with each Xara session.

What to do?

Risto

Go for it Risto, go for it ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_forever.gif 
Views:	252 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	19611  

Risto - The subsequent years have not been kind to me. A few years ago I saw the guy who is waving in the pic. He looked like he was dying - I wondered if he was starving himself. He was living in a (very) condemned rooming house where he paid just $16 per month rent to a big insurance company that owned the building. (Officially nobody lived there - no central heating and no plumbing in the winter).

Wolfgang - I like your design! Maybe we should start a thread of tatoo designs.

Regards, Ross

Heck - I thought I'd bring this thread to the forefront from page three. I've now completed the guest tutorial for the upcoming issue of Gary's XaraXone.Com and I'm hopefull that it will encourage some to try photo editing. When I see Roman's and Basque's images that use the same techniques I know there is great creative potential in the ideas. Every xaran should have these techniques in their toolbox. The image I work with in the guest tutorial is a variation of the one above - better I think. In the one above I have too much blur on the background image which disconnects it too much from the newlyweds.

Working on a guest tutorial has given me more respect for the fine work Gary does with the XaraXone. We are all so lucky to have a pro like him devote so much energy to helping us master and enjoy Xara. A big thanx to Mr. Priester! If someday there is a xara conference we will have so much fun 'roasting' Gary! - He shares so much of creative energy it sometimes feels like we know him inside out. ( I still can't figure out his facination with bubbles??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

Enough of the sappy stuff - Wolfgang did an great Xara tatoo design. Anyone care to contribute some others?

Regards, Ross

I might just mention that it is an excellent Guest Tutorial and one which you only have about week to wait for (or for which you have to wait a week, to be editorially and gramatically correct).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    he tub mob relieves</a>