Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I appreciate any help I can get and thank you in advance.

When I import a TIFF file (or other files for that matter)to CorelTrace (this graphic is of a black chinese letter on a white background) what I basically want to do is get an outline of the letter so that I can fill the letter with another color and put it on a black background. I guess I am getting the settings wrong because when I save it as vector (and open it in Corel) it looks nothing like what it did right after the trace. Can anyone tell me how to simply take very basic 1, 2, or 3 colored graphics (no fading, or mixed colors, just basic broad colors like very simple logos or symbols)and outline the different colors of the graphic, then smooth out the lines and change the colors of the graphics.

Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IP

Hi,

I appreciate any help I can get and thank you in advance.

When I import a TIFF file (or other files for that matter)to CorelTrace (this graphic is of a black chinese letter on a white background) what I basically want to do is get an outline of the letter so that I can fill the letter with another color and put it on a black background. I guess I am getting the settings wrong because when I save it as vector (and open it in Corel) it looks nothing like what it did right after the trace. Can anyone tell me how to simply take very basic 1, 2, or 3 colored graphics (no fading, or mixed colors, just basic broad colors like very simple logos or symbols)and outline the different colors of the graphic, then smooth out the lines and change the colors of the graphics.

Thanks again
    IP

it doesn't look the same. What is different about it. Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP