Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all,

I have WebStyle 3 and see that they have a special offer to upgrade to WebStyle 4. I cannot see much of new features in v4 but the upgrade gives you Xara 3D for free. Is it worth it?

Also, some posts like this http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...86&m=557104605 make me worry. Is everybody's experience similiar?

Should I remain with WebStyle 3, forego a free Xara 3D and wait?

Appreciate your opinions.

Best Regards,
    Clarion

ClarionRAD, we have many many satisfied users. It's natural if problems do occur that people generally talk about them here... after all if someone is having no problems with their Webstyle, they don't really need to post here. So there can be a somewhat unrepresantive view here. That's just the case with pretty much any product though, so not just limited to Webstyle.

The main new feature in Webstyle 4 is entire web page designs, so it's whether this is beneficial to you or not. You can take a template, customize the colors and images then output an entire website design to edit in FrontPage or Dreamweaver (or editor of your choice).

For more info on that and the other new features, visit here:

http://www.xara.com/products/webstyle/whatsnew.asp

The Webstyle upgrade is pretty good value, and with Xara 3D free this week it really is a good offer. So I'd say go for it.

Oh, and remember you can download a Webstyle 4 trial and give it a go.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I have had no problems with WebStyle 4.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
    The main new feature in Webstyle 4 is entire web page designs, so it's whether this is beneficial to you or not. You can take a template, customize the colors and images then output an entire website design to edit in FrontPage or Dreamweaver (or editor of your choice).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is indeed a good addition. But I have also been reading that it puts all the styles inline and does not create separate css files.

Also, is it possible to use the pages from WebStyle in CodeCharge Studio?

Regards,
    ClarionRAD

There is definitely a separate CSS file. I'm not saying everything is in it control wise. These aren't XHTML pages, and it uses tables etc. But a lot of controlled in the CSS to allow easy editing.

I don't know what CodeCharge is like, but if it can edit HTML it's fine. Basicalyl Webstyle can ouput the page as normal, then you just open it in your editor.

Sorry, I need to an issue a retraction. It's not a separate CSS file.

However, if you were so inclined, it wouldn't be too hard to implement one.