Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I just purchased the Xara Menu Maker and it works great! But I noticed on the trial version there were something like about 44 "pages" of designs on there and now there are only 36. Did I lose some or what happened, anyone know?

Also, I noticed at first when I made a "menu" and saved it there would be something that woulld come up asking me if I'd rather have it load fast or else have higher quality and now I dont ever see that option. Where did it go?

One more thing, when I try to add a Separator, something pops up and says that separators may be added only between menu items and not between buttons... what does that mean? Arent the menu items the same thing as the buttons? Can someone give me a site that has one of the Xara Menu maker designs on it and uses a separtor so I can see what they mean by that please?

Claudia

[This message was edited by ClaudiaTh on December 11, 2003 at 07:20.]

Claudia- You really haven't lost any designs. Menu Maker will readjust the page number depending on the screen size or resolution. Note that the number of pages available will change when you switch between a minimized and maximized screen. If the available screen size is reduced, MenuMaker will compensate by adding pages. The number of designs available remains the same.
    As for your question about the separator: MenuMaker has a major limitation (in my opinion) in that you can't change the designs. You can change the colors, the size, or the number of buttons, but you can't change the designs themselves. Adding a separator as you describe would be a design change.
    MenuMaker is very good at what it does, so long as you can make use of the designs it offers.
    If you truly want to be creative then you should upgrade to Xara X. Then you will limited only by your imagination. ( go to xara.com to download a free trial )
    Good Luck - Andrew

AndFarr

thanks, yes it was maximizing the screen that made it seem to have less pages, I can see that now.

With the separator feature, do you mean I cant even use the separator thing unless I get the Xara X?