Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hello people ... do you know of any detailed tutorials on doing .gif animations? and when i save my gif animation i only need the .gif file for my website right? it seems like i'm making too many frames when i feel there is a simpler way to do this. help please ... also, Slices are the same as cutting up your image in photoshop and saving it as separate images right ...

Steve H.
    Graphic Artist/ Muralist
    www.flavorinnovator.com
    IP

hello people ... do you know of any detailed tutorials on doing .gif animations? and when i save my gif animation i only need the .gif file for my website right? it seems like i'm making too many frames when i feel there is a simpler way to do this. help please ... also, Slices are the same as cutting up your image in photoshop and saving it as separate images right ...

Steve H.
    Graphic Artist/ Muralist
    www.flavorinnovator.com
    IP

Yes, "slicing" is cutting an image into smaller pieces; usually with the intent of putting the pieces back together in a table within a Web page layout.

Besides optimization, images are broken up to facilitate applying Javascript to them - such as for image replacement on mouseOvers, or simple animation.

I did a "Search" on 'gif animation'.
    The first page i got had these links on it. I suggest you do the same and weed out the links to suit your specific needs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This 1st one is at "About.com". They have a stupid popup window ad. So if you have "Popup Stopper", turn it on before going there if ya don't like popup window ads. (like me)
    http://webdesign.about.com/cs/animat...f+animation%22

This is just someone's private tutorial. It's very detailed.
    http://members.aol.com/royalef/gifmake.htm

Hope those help get ya started.
    IP