Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am new to XaraX and the creating of web page designs. I created my webpage in XaraX with a background color. When viewing it, it is smaller then the browser page, leaving the browser's white background showing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I would like my background to fit the entire browser page. Thank you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I am new to XaraX and the creating of web page designs. I created my webpage in XaraX with a background color. When viewing it, it is smaller then the browser page, leaving the browser's white background showing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I would like my background to fit the entire browser page. Thank you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

It doesn't sound like a really big problem - but rather than make assumptions is it possible for you to post the url of the page here? That way any recommendations you get will be right on target.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hello Effer

You should make the background color of your web page the desired color and not try to make the graphic fit the entire web page.

What software are you using to create your web pages?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

No URL posted yet.

I am using WebEpress for my web pages.
    I may have to use another software for my pages this one just doesn't seem to work with XaraX.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you

Evone

Eferr

In what way does it not work with Xara?

And do you have the option to change your background color for your page?

If so, change your page's background color. The create you graphics in Xara using the same background color.

Export your graphics as GIF files, and when you place them on your web page, they should look fine.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web_page.gif 
Views:	486 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	15740  

Although the suggestions you already have will work, I think what you are looking for is:

body leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" BGCOLOR="#333366" TEXT="White" LINK="Aqua" VLINK="Silver"

in your body tag.

Although changing the background color will work on a simple page as demonstrated, a more complex page will give you problems as the background is now set. That means if you want to put text or anything in the page on another colored background, you will be forced to use a table, and set a colored background. This will complicate your life immeasurably, trust me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Also, you will never get things tucked up where you want them, they will always be lower down in that upper left corner than you want them to be.

Here is where setting the background to a color will work:
    http://falcon.unibase.com/triffo/index.html

Here is where it won't without making you do a bunch of extra work, and having a dead space in the upper left of each cell:
    http://www.unibase.com/~falcon2/

That right wing on the falcon is in it's own frame (and therefore it's own web page). The falcon is actually in 4 different frames (web pages). This would not work with just changing the bgrd color. You need it tucked up, to get rid of the margins for this to work.

For a variety of reasons, the above body tag is the way to go.

AnnaB

I assume you've exported an image in slices. This creates an HTML page.
    Open this page in Web Express and it has a default white background.
    Right click outside the table, select wep page properties (or F4)
    Follow the attachment.
    You could also produce a small gif the same colour that you want you background and use this as a background image which automatically tiles.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web_express.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	16824  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

effer
    I've just noticed that if you Ctrl-drag your backgound colour onto Xara, when it exports the slices it automatically sets the background colour in the web page.
    Egg
    web page
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you everyone--A lot of great help here.I really appreciate the help. I am still trying each one to see what works and how they work. However, as I try I no longer have an image on WebExpress. I have a background but no image anymore.

Yes, I am slicing up my images before placing them on WebExpress but nothing happens.

In XaraX it looks as though everything is okay and it looks fine but tried to put it in WebExpress and view it--nothing.

Any help with this? Thank you