Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xara in space

i know some may disagree but i think bruces' picture is charming as it is, in fact i would like to see it with no perspective at all, like a sort of flat 2-d effect

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I don't know if this is what Eric is thinking, but it seems to me that there are times when a relatively simple isometric drawing conveys 3d information without the complexity of perspective. A space station like Bruce has been developing would likely look great as an isometric and be much easier to draw.

Of course - perspectives are nice, but isometrics are too!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross ,
    I am not sure that I understand about isometrics. Can you explain it some more to me? I think I fixed the perspective view thanks to help from Gary and Peter. But I would like to understand about isometrics. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Bruce - I agree - You are getting the perspective aspects under control. I'm happy for you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Don't let talk of isometrics deter you from what you are doing. When you do have some time you should check them out. Basically what is envolved is a special grid. Open a new xara drawing and then under utilities>options choose the isometric grid option. Next set the grid to be displayed and turn on grid snap (both are options under the "window" menu). Then try drawing and you'll quickly get the feel for what isometrics are. An example is this fountain I drew for another thread. Although it looks 3d it is comprised of simple shapes and was a very quick draw.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Thank you Ross
    I will try your suggestion. It sounds good and I will have to try it when I have time like you said. Gee I learned something else about Xara x. That is a beautiful fountain that you made.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire