Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In the image i've attached, i want to remove all the colours so there is basically just the black background with the white outline. Is there a way to do this without erasing some of the white or doing it pixel by pixel?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image5.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	15884  
    IP

In the image i've attached, i want to remove all the colours so there is basically just the black background with the white outline. Is there a way to do this without erasing some of the white or doing it pixel by pixel?
    IP

Nope, sorry. There's no real 'quick-fix' for that kind of thing.

Just use the Airbrush and paint black overtop of the unwanted parts. It's not tough, and it won't take long at all to do. Zoom into the image though so it's easier to get real close to the white lines when painting.
    IP

Just thought i'd check, thanks!
    IP

I would give it a try:

I would choose one of the channels, copy that, give its contrast a healthy tweak and then use convert to bitmap.
    It would imo reduce the evt. painting. If this still was necessary, I'd do it on a separate layer.

But: I never tried it in practice. Will try it one day.
    IP

I think you can copy the picture and paste it as a new file but paste it as transparency. Then take the brush or eraser and make everthing transparent excpet the white outline you want. Then make a new file with black, copy the outline and paste it to the other file that you filled with black...it will take a while but it could work

[This message was edited by Jay1Da on January 11, 2002 at 10:12.]
    IP

erik & jay1da: thanks very much for your suggestions. i'll give them a go & let you all know if it works! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

natalie.
    IP

I suppose that your original file is bigger than the one you sent here, so this might work:
    Start with magic wand with tolerance set to 100 and click somewhere in the white line. Then choose Select --> Modify --> Expand --> 1 pixels (you can change this if necessary). Then Select --> Inverse, Select --> Feather --> 1 pixel (change if necessary). Then Edit --> Fill --> Black, with Mode Normal and Opacity 100%. Finally deselect (Ctrl-D).
    I hope this will help you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	16306  
    IP

Ataki: thanks for that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] i'll give it a try soon!
    IP