Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V3 close up

Here's One with Mike's lights settings, because of all the props it took all night to render I went to sleep because it took to long.

I dont like the grass in the front so i'll change that later.

JohnLogan.

Thanks, Richard! I will load up the Koz hair next and play with those styles too.

Question for Mike or anyone: With Mike's light settings file do you just copy/paste it to say Notepad for creating a .txt file then add it to a folder you make like he mentioned? I've never added a light set this way before. When I select his light set attachment download I just get the page of text.

Good start on the new pic, John -- yeah, rendering plants can take a while and be tricky at times to get looking right. Sometimes adding such items is easier done with some postwork in a 2D ap of your choice, especially if the scene gets too big to render every blade of plant leaf, etc.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maya, Right click on the attachment and use save target as to download it, There are some funky numbers added to the name I don't know where they came from, the file type should be an .lt2, you can rename the file, then copy and paste it into your lights folder as desribed. There will be no preview, after you load the set and make a quick test render or something, then you can add a new set, what ever you have in the document window will become the thumbnail picture, then delete the set with no preview thumbnail.

Don't use anti-alias if the rendering is real slow.
    Don't forget, use the Poser 4 renderer, not the firefly renderer.

Thanks heaps, Mike! That should work!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maya, Did the .lt2 file work for you?

I program just hung for me (Not Responding) for a very long time so I ended up ending the task!

Don't thin there is much that could go wrong i.e it showed up in the lib (my_lights folder) I saw the MB_ file and double clicked it. THe only thing I'm not sure about is the "delete default lights first" All I did was select each of the default lights and click the bin icon! Is there anything else I should have done?

Turan

Turan what version of Poser are you using. The lights were set up in Poser 4 Pro pack, Just a thought? It may be that poser 4 alone can't handle the number of lights in the set.

Anti-alias will slow the rendering way down, so turn it off and test render with a very small and basic scene.

If all else fails, trash it.

Hi Turan and Mike -- I haven't yet tried to install the light set you guys = I got really into another image creation last night (am posting it here on a new thread as "Mystik") with V3. I expect that it will work though as I'm using Poser5 and most of the time I can get things to work. I will try it though and get back to you guys with the results.
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain

Poser4 is the version I'm using.

Turan