Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have both CD9 and CD11 and would like to keep all my files in CD9 for specific reasons. Is there anyway to make the save default to ver 9 instead of 11 in version CD 11? I've checked the Tools/Options and found nothing, checked out the help file too.
    Thanks in advance.
    inphoenix
    IP

I have both CD9 and CD11 and would like to keep all my files in CD9 for specific reasons. Is there anyway to make the save default to ver 9 instead of 11 in version CD 11? I've checked the Tools/Options and found nothing, checked out the help file too.
    Thanks in advance.
    inphoenix
    IP

You could just try saving a file in CD9 format, then going into the Options Document page and clicking the Save as defaults option.

Can't guarantee it will work, but worth a try.

Sark
    IP

It worked once. I cannot keep the defaults checked on the tools/options. When I open another ver 9 file in ver 11 and then click save after some changes I get the msg that it will save in ver 11. Bummer
    IP

The Save as Defaults checkbox is not supposed to remain checked. Every time you want to keep changing made to the workspace, you check the box and click OK on the Options dialogue.

It appears the CD9 option in the Save dialogue is just one of those options that needs to be reset each time. Or, maybe there is another way. Sorry can't help with this one.

Sark
    IP

Sark,
    I certainly do appreciate your time. I hope someone else will read this topic an maybe come up with a solution.

inphoenix :-)
    IP

I would imagine that setting some values in the registry would do the trick, but I'm no good at this and tampering with the registry settings is very risky. Maybe someone who is familiar with these things will see this thread.
    IP

I hope so too Grafixman. I have no problem modifying the register as long as I know the changes are valid.
    IP