Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's Ross

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanx all! Yes, I was away - took the family to a themepark want-a-be sort of place. Now I need to recover from all the rides that seemed to be designed to induce nausia rather than thrills.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Gary,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Speaking of persons missing, Jens > Jay etc. seems to also have gone missing. I guess he must be in transition between his three places of residence? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much for asking! It's good to know that at least someone in this world is missing me (except my wife and the macaws).

You are right - I have been in Spain for some weeks, and dialup connections with a global roaming account are kind of expensive (50 cents per minute on a modem line).

So, currently I am in Germany, getting ready for another move to Denmark.

And yes, I survived the heat without aircons, got a slight suntan, finished almost everything, and now I am heading for 3D training - just rcvd the new Cinema 4D XL version 7, which is a powerhouse.

My first task: improvement of my famous knot.
    check it out at

http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/knot-v7-03.exe

it's a self xtracting archive (made with winrar) and contains an AVI movie.

You might ask: what's that thing have to do with XARA? Simple: I shaped the knot spline (= vector) in XARA and modified it in the 3D space :-))

Have fun, and thanks a lot for caring about a 'missing member'.

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Thought your avi file was fantastic. I tried to recreate in XaraX as an animated gig.
    Eventually I cheated and used screen grabs of your original avi file.

However I did apply a transparency to the gifs to add a glass like effect. The file is 46 Kb against your exceptionally smooth 433 Kb original.

I don't know about you getting lost or your whereabouts, but it took me an enternity just to find this thread, where you'd posted the avi link!

Egg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host