Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Rotation?

I can use the scroll bars to rotate my shape/text in 2 directions, but how do I rotate in the 3rd axis? e.g. If I want to rotate my text upside-down, how is this achieved?

Thanks,
    YourMum
    YourMum

I can use the scroll bars to rotate my shape/text in 2 directions, but how do I rotate in the 3rd axis? e.g. If I want to rotate my text upside-down, how is this achieved?

Thanks,
    YourMum
    YourMum

YourMum
    Hold down the Ctrl & Shift keys and drag the text. You will see the z axis alter as you do so.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The mouse cursor changes to something that looks like it should work, but when I drag the text, it rotates as if I was changing the vertical scroll slider, as if I was just holding the shift key.

????

YourMum
    YourMum

YourMum
    That's correct. But when you later drag the scroll bars you will find that you can turn text upside down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	258 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	7522  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm really sorry because I must be missing something... When I hold the ctrl and shift keys, whether I drag the text or I scroll using the scroll bars, the text still doesn't rotate the way I want it!!
    YourMum

It takes a bit of grasping. The thing to watch is the z co-ordinate alter. Try this.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	242 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	13967  
    Egg

Ah. Thank you. That makes sense. I was expecting to see the text rotate and be shown upside down by dragging it.

I now see that I should change the Z angle to 90 degrees by using the shift-ctrl trick, at which point the text's bottom is facing me. Then drag the vertical sroll bar (or drag the text) so that it is face-on again, and now the left-right action will spin my text around thus enabling me to see it upside down.

(phew!)

Thanks for the help, Egg, and for the very useful screenshot.

YourMum
    YourMum