Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

what u think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	america_the_beautiful.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	12443  

what u think

That depends on the statement you are trying to make.

Are you glorifying the guns? Or commenting on the poverty in which the child lives? Or stating that while children are living in poverty, money is spent on guns?

[Web Design] | [Free E-Mail]
    andyjohnston.net

I see it as a social commentary on the U.S. SDE wants to make. There are known problems involving poverty and gun violence in the US which contrasts greatly with patriotic statements such as the song "America the Beautiful" or statements such as "greatest nation in the world" (which is quite commonly said by some people including George Bush).

I think it's a pretty good job at a social commentary meant to provoke thought.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the US in particular, as all nations have societal problems and all nations have anthems or songs which only mention ideal concepts of the nation ( A visual commentary depicting unfair treatment of indigenous people in Canada over the centuries could similarly be created).

I find images like this are more useful than anthems, flag waving or recitations of oaths.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

thank you david thats is exactly what i am trying to day with this picture. there is so much negativity in this nation that we try to forget about and hide but issues like poverty and violence are always going to be here unless we address them.

We, as the "Big Brother" have just as many problems, if not more, than other countries. WE are supposed to be setting an example to others, after all isn't that what big brothers do, set examples so their siblings learn from them?? And yet we cannot get along in our own back yards, condemning people of things like growing pot in order to treat glaocomma, AIDS, and pain related diseases, allowing loaded guns in the house so our children can find them, allowing our youngsters to run rampant creating their own worlds of violence and gang activities, allowing the homeless to reamain so (Japan has more unemployment than we do and yet they provide places for their homeless to clean themselves, to sleep and to eat, we should take lesson from them) we are constantly at war within our own boundaries about civil rights, since when is the Home of the Free and Brave supposed to be prejudice against any sort of person regardless of their nationality, sexaul orintation, religious background or sex??? Yes, my fine country is a contridiction unto itself and yet there are many reasons that make worth staying here worth it.

Your image, my friend, hit the proverbial nail on the head!! When the almighty polititions come off fo their personal mountains of lies and descete then maybe they can really see what needs to be fixed and those that really need the help here!!!

Just my 2 cents!!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---