Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girls Portrait

Yeah, the eye whites could use a tiny bit of work, but the remainder is awesome!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Holy Shit, that's awsome!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

OMG!!! Amazing work!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What else is new?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

A truly remarkable image there Steve! Even more incredible it being your first portrait!

Well done!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

but.... a truly beautiful image.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi again Steve,

I just marveled over your image for the umptiest time and suddendly I found out that something is missing: Lower eyelashes (if this is what the're called). Lashes on the lower lid ??

Just looked into the mirror and I got them ...

Hi Steve,

You are amazing, every new post surpasses your previous posts. This portrait is fabulous. The subtle skin tones, reflections, and the hair are all superb.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Most of my Asian clients are mostly devoid of 'noticeable' lower lashes. The upper lashes are barely there unless they put on mascara. So I think that Steve got that area right just fine!!

Upon reviewing this awsome image one more time I tend to agree with Dale, the eye on the right, there is something missing, something not quite right. Either a reflection or the shape is off just a tad. Can't put my finger on it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Oh, I didn't mention in my first post, the sleavless Turtleneck she is wearing is done superbly, attention paid to how the knited lines are traveling and the softness of the texture, you could almost reach out and touch it!!

The hair is very well done but the individual hairs that you have playing a bit further back and around the face look too gray to me. Stark white highlights or dress it up and make them looked professionally highlighted by using a blueish red color, like an eggplant color with a few more burnt orange hair mixed in, which is a color scheme that many of my Asian clients enjoy. Doesn't wash the face out and those sorts of colors look right on the Asian woman. Orange and Blonde hightlights are TOTAL faux pas!! Give it a try and see what you think. It's your piece but, from what I gather from the composition, you want it too reflect todays woman and believe me, today's woman does not, for the most part, like gray hair!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS: Wolfgang, did ya notice those lips?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Those are kissable lips Wolfy!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Those are kissable lips Wolfy!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    How would you know ?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] - or are you chasing my kind of woman again ?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My girlfriend is half japanese so I got to check on her lashes next weekend. She definitely got long beautiful lashes on the upper lid (and she never wears mascara) but you might be right regarding the lower lid. Never really noticed that, good thing we have a pro aboard.
    By the way, yesterday we were watching "Forces of Nature" on TV together. Sandra AND my love on one evening - faboulos !!

One more thing: I am not an artist as you know and I could never paint (or draw) something wonderful like Steve. But I love your observations about Asian and other clients and their preferred color schemes.
    I think knowing about such details is the difference between a great and an outstanding artist !!

... upon a second look, you ARE right on the lips Buddy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

doesn't mean that I haven't at least 'tried it'! I've kissed some very pillowy "girl" lips in my day and since when does a gay man NOT have taste in women?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I've got very good taste, ala Sandra!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] If I were straight I would more than likely go for an Asian or Black woman, I like exotic. But I also like the looks of cultured but layed back White girls too!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And NO, I don't like furry women!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I've been at the hair buis. for over 22 years, trust me I have a pretty good handle on hair at this point. I aslo used to do female impersonation so I HAD to learn makeup, which you learn to pay attention to women to get ideas about who looks over done, who looks natural, who looks like a...never mind.......I won't go there!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You and Sandra and your love all in one weekend.........sigh..........got to get me a love life!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---