Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not that anyone except Randy seems to care (am I discouraged? a bit) but here's the story.

Kate wanted me to hold off updating the site until the Xara Newsletter went out. The newsletter was a bit late, OK very late, because of the announcement of Webstyle 3.

So I am holing off posting until tomorrow. (If Kate can send out the May newsletter in June, I can post tomorrows update today--that make any sense?)

The June Xara X Tutorial New Mexico, High desert cactus and landscape.

Guest Tutorial #16 Su Lawrence creates photorealistic fire using Xara and a mouse only. (Great tutorial, by the way).

Paul Söderholm Featured Artist Wonderful stuff and lots of detail drawings and preliminary sketches to show the thinking process behind many of the images.

Two New Brushes in the Fills and Brushes page. Puffy clouds and Rainbow Crystal Spheres. (I should have used these clouds in my tutorial!)

Brian Etherington's XColor utility in the Shareware Page lets you create named colors in an EPS file.

A bunch of new links to sites with Xara created content Is your site listed?

And more.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June_promo.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	5216  

I missed the tutorial too, but I didn't want to pester you about it.

I'm glad to see it's posted and I'm going to check it out now. Your tutorials have been both helpful and inspirational over the years (to me and to my students) and I hope the continue for a long time to come!

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }

Love the tuts!!!
    Su---Your flame effect tut is absolutely wonderful!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Great stuff all---
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I can't wait to try the clouds brush. Hope I don't get any crashes!! (fingers crossed)

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I don't think the clouds or the rainbow crystal will crash on you. Both are larger images and not tightly spaced which is what normally causes your system to throw up its computer hands and give up.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hi Gary,

Your tutorials and presence here are what prompted me to buy Xara in the first place. The tuts offer such great insights into Xara I bought the CD (don’t have it yet though), but look forward to getting it.

Your continuing efforts contribute, in a large degree, to the success of this forum. I have been busy with other things but always enjoy returning to this forum.

Bob C

Hi Gary,

Why do you think I found out that the tutotial was already there..? Although you hadn't updated the xaraxone.

Greetings,
    Frits
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I just feel sorry for myself sometimes and tend to whine a bit :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

We all appreciate your work and adimire you for all you've done here and elsewhere [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] So we'll have none of that young man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Late but great XaraXone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Tuts and info and brushes, all wonderful stuff!! I am particularly impressed with Sue Lawrence for such a great tut and for being so new to this program and having such a request bestowed upon her and coming through with flying colors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Great work Sue [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Only one thing I think I would change and it would be something I would figure out how to do is being able to remove the background completely from the flames and maybe create modular flames so they can be placed differently for various, different effects in any piece that you do. Then all you would have to do it clone the flame pieces and add translucency to them, increase the size slightly and place them behind each piece to create a soft edge. In theory, at least mine, that should work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Who knows, maybe I'm just way off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks for another great month Gary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Gary has shown us how to draw one of my favorite plants. We have paddle cactus growing wild here in middle Tennessee, and I've never been able to draw it satisfactorily until now. Thank you very much Gary!

Su's fire tutorial is fantastic!

I love Paul's creations.

Gary, I hope Xara Ltd. appreciates all the people you've introduced to Xara that have become advocates of their programs.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update